• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best media for wall graphics

DonutSlinger

I use the 2611 from Avery. While it is removable and I have tested this, the adhesive stronger than you would think. I have had a few issues with curling when cutting right to the edge but I think it may not have dried long enough because it's only here and there it happens. There are a few plastic surfaces I've tested the 2611 on and it sticks dang good too. I've tested the Photo tex stuff and I do really like the feel and the adhesive, but the colors are not even close to as bright as I can get with the 2611. The phototex stuff has to be cut just right or it's problematic, in my experience.

Reveal1

I've used numerous wall papers, but for long term removable 40c with matte laminate provides better adhesion than wallpaper but long-term removal. Pricier, but fewer callbacks. Avery 2611 Okay but dimensionaly unstable so doesn't like to be laminated in our experience (pulls from liner maybe because of heat from our 560 Latex) - ok for short term and smooth surface. Experimenting today with Avery 2921 which is what we use on windows and short-term vehicle wraps. And to echo numerous posts, test,test, test for adhesion to avoid issues with low VOC paints and odd surfaces.

clarizeyale

We use PhotoTex a lot. Many of the customers love it but we have seen some manufacturing defects that show up in dark full color areas. Sometimes the color is muted as well. We now also use Solvent Print-N-Stick from Lexjet. It looks like a wall paper and has vibrant color.

what happens in the dark areas? also muted may either mean youre using the wrong phototex for the wrong print or incorrect print profile.

A REMINDER: PHOTOTEX OPA is for LATEX, UV, AND AQUEOUS INKS. OPAS is for SOLVENT AND UV....

I print using opas a LOT and from a customer that does events throughout the US, we are told that we are the only shop that will print their work in the most vibrant colors compared to other shops they've using the exact same material.

We HAVE had instances where the material had defects but this was replaced by our seller but not in the same way that it is muted. it ends up looking like acid rain. these were all from the same LOT# too