Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Medium Budget Air Scrubber for Solvent Printers

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Dockside2020, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Dockside2020

Dockside2020 New Member

Jan 30, 2020
    Port Edwards
    Hey guys, I know this question has been asked here before but most of them are old threads and I am curious if there have been any new options out. Here's my info and what I need to do...

I have an Epson S80600 and an Roland RF-640. They are both in a room that is about 12 x 12. The smell was manageable until we switched to a new paper and then it got pretty unbearable. So now we need to get an air scrubber that can take care of the space. My budget is around 1k. I have had my eye on a Predator 750 from Abatement Tech as my media / ink source recommends this one but I am curious as to if there are any other similar products in the same price point that can take care of the smell and VOCs.

Thanks for any information!

https://www.abatement.com/pred750hc-portable-air-scrubber-149.html

Tags:
  2. Greg Kelm

Greg Kelm Member

Aug 20, 2019
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Get a charcoal filter and mount an inline fan to it. Stand it up in the corner and let it circulate air in the room. If you have a hydroponic store in your area, you can probably find it there, otherwise amazon and ebay are your friends.

3. Dockside2020

Dockside2020 New Member

Jan 30, 2020
    Port Edwards
    But doesnt the charcoal only take care of the smell? I want to take care of the VOCs as well.

4. signmania

signmania Owner

May 1, 2010
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Call me about my Island Air Duster 1000. Filters & charcoal. They don't make the 1000 any longer, but you can still get the charcoal. It does take out VOCs; I haven't used mine for years because we ended up venting directly outside.