• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Medium Budget Air Scrubber for Solvent Printers

Dockside2020

Hey guys, I know this question has been asked here before but most of them are old threads and I am curious if there have been any new options out. Here's my info and what I need to do...

I have an Epson S80600 and an Roland RF-640. They are both in a room that is about 12 x 12. The smell was manageable until we switched to a new paper and then it got pretty unbearable. So now we need to get an air scrubber that can take care of the space. My budget is around 1k. I have had my eye on a Predator 750 from Abatement Tech as my media / ink source recommends this one but I am curious as to if there are any other similar products in the same price point that can take care of the smell and VOCs.

Thanks for any information!

https://www.abatement.com/pred750hc-portable-air-scrubber-149.html

Greg Kelm

www.cheetaprint.com
Get a charcoal filter and mount an inline fan to it. Stand it up in the corner and let it circulate air in the room. If you have a hydroponic store in your area, you can probably find it there, otherwise amazon and ebay are your friends.

Dockside2020

Get a charcoal filter and mount an inline fan to it. Stand it up in the corner and let it circulate air in the room. If you have a hydroponic store in your area, you can probably find it there, otherwise amazon and ebay are your friends.

But doesnt the charcoal only take care of the smell? I want to take care of the VOCs as well.

Call me about my Island Air Duster 1000. Filters & charcoal. They don't make the 1000 any longer, but you can still get the charcoal. It does take out VOCs; I haven't used mine for years because we ended up venting directly outside.