• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

best method for adhering sintra to dibond

Erikka@Rainier

Been a while since I've posted but I have a question. We have some really small 3mm sintra letters we need to afix to 3mm dibond. The letters are too small for mechanical fasteners and standard mounting adhesive is not strong enough to do the trick (tried and they typically fall off). Is there any type of epoxy, glue or super strong double sided tape that you would recommend for something like this? Thanks in advance for the help.

Erikka

J Hill Designs

+1 lords - test first, I can't remember if I have had problems with the dibond paint coating being eaten away by lords, but its great for metal to pvc

Erikka@Rainier

I know VHB rocks, I used it a ton at my last job, but the customer (washington state liquor board) is extremely discerning and they want the letters to be 100% flush mount; does VHB come in super thin?? We don't want any tape showing and I know that VHB isn't clear. We are hoping that a glue would work as it won't cause the letters to raise from the dibond and it will be clear. Would the LORD 403 Acrylic Adhesive be a good choice?

J Hill Designs

I stock 406/19, but the product bulletin will tell you what it is good for...

edit: looks like 403 just has a quicker work time than the 406 (2-4min vs 6-10min)

Biker Scout

We use Lexel adhesive... it's like Silicone in a lot of respects, but better.

It's clear, paintable, mildew resistant, tougher than silicone. It does stick to Aluminum and PVC. Does everything except foam. We use a different product for foam.

Comes in a Clear caulking like tube with Red End Cap and Nozzle. And can be found at most hardware stores.

iceracer

Is the dibond the substrate and the letters sintra only?

If you are laser cutting these, coat the whole back of the sheet with your double sided low profile adhesive and cut the letters. Laser cuts the letters, the adhesive, the release liner in one shot. Use the off cut as a spacing template.

There are a number of low profile DS adhesive films, alas I cannot recall the part numbers.

iceracer

Is the dibond the substrate and the letters sintra only?

If you are laser cutting these, coat the whole back of the sheet with your double sided low profile adhesive and cut the letters. Laser cuts the letters, the adhesive, the release liner in one shot. Use the off cut as a spacing template.

There are a number of low profile DS adhesive films, alas I cannot recall the part numbers.