• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best non genuine latex ink

Andrew G

Hi all
With the HP latex L26500 becoming end of life soon and the 792 ink cartridges being discontinued I was wondering for future reference what people’s experiences have been with aftermarket inks? I’m sure there are bad ones and not so bad ones that have been tried. Looks like eventually will have to go down that route. Also is there any real problems of using out of date(within reason) genuine HP ink?
Thanks in advance

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have actually been working on this for sometime now and I believe I have the best non-oem solution out there. I am a huge latex nerd and wouldn't put this out if it didn't work well. PM for info.

DPD

Hi all
With the HP latex L26500 becoming end of life soon and the 792 ink cartridges being discontinued I was wondering for future reference what people’s experiences have been with aftermarket inks? I’m sure there are bad ones and not so bad ones that have been tried. Looks like eventually will have to go down that route. Also is there any real problems of using out of date(within reason) genuine HP ink?
Thanks in advance

I will be seeking a non-OEM provider for my inks also. I let my inks expire and use them but I'm not sure what the effect of doing this is. It would be great to know. Anybody????

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I've been using out-of-date genuine inks for some years - up to 3, and in some cases close to 4 years out of date, with zero ink problems. The console just gives you a message asking you to 'OK' the use of past date inks, and you click to confirm, and onward it goes. Occasionally it6 will warn you one is past its date. You just confirm that is OK.

But non-genuine ink I've not tried.
I'm more interested in what might happen if I used 25500 ink and heads in the 260... and just had the settings hotter... I still have about ten 25500 cartridges unopened and a fair few heads.

SAM ink, the rep here said works - but wears the heads out faster, but if you used non-genuine heads, and had noncritical work like real estate short-term signage, the savings still outweigh the wearout rate.

C

ColoPrinthead

I had got a large stock of out of date inks when I took my and didn't have any issues using them throughout my first year, aside from the one Magenta Cartridge that was filled with LM on the 25500.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I will be seeking a non-OEM provider for my inks also. I let my inks expire and use them but I'm not sure what the effect of doing this is. It would be great to know. Anybody????

Mine will be the best solution. In my opinion

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
Well lets hear about it.

I'm currently using STS. Just started with them about 2 months ago so I cant give any long term feedback, but so far so good.

STS inks haven't really caught on for as much as they've promoted themselves. Most user testimonials, from the people I've talked to, are not good when their inks are used in demanding applications. Short run, short life, junk work then sure any ink will do. But users trying to match standards of stretchability or longevity for wraps, industrial decals, billboards, etc. No way. Not even close.

BigFishDM is a distributor - I don't know him, but you don't get to that point without spending a lot of time neck-deep in the industry. Just like I have worked through most OEM and aftermarket ink chemistry, that experience is worth something. I'm sure he's a distributor for the ink solution he is recommending - and if he has tested and vouches for it then he should sell it to his customers, not give that experienced information away for free!

That all said, I'm the opposite of a latex nerd LOL - I dislike latex, in general, for many reasons. Along those lines ... you have to ask yourself if it's worth expending the effort necessary to move to aftermarket inks, heads, service End of Life, support End of Life, etc. HP is infamous for cutting off software, hardware, and technical support on machines like a guillotine - way harder than any other industrial manufacturer I've ever seen. Their "support" is all based out of India now. That printer is slowwwww, consumables are high - cost per square has never been HP's strong suit. Why not replace it with something new? I mean, you can get entry level R2R sub-64" machines for $200 a month installed with more speed, better quality, and half the ink cost TODAY. I think a lot of people let the idea of "it's already paid for" way overpower the math of what they're literally losing on their old machine. And make no mistake: HP is not known for being cheap when you appropriately calculate TCO.

karst41

Yall get with Fransisco at Cuantek-USA in Texas
210-388-2993

Absolute great guy, and damm dependable.
I used him for my HP 9000 Solvent Inks and he has been making
Latex cartridges for about 5 years now.

The Russians up in Canada makes killer inks too.
Degassed and his solvent inks out performed HP-s OEM
and substantially more millage from the degassed inks.
789,792, & 831 $99 ea.

Phone: +1-905-820-8833
Whatsapp: +1-905-782-6274

Yall need parts for the 26500 Get with Benny Napoli up in Minnesota
612-340-7870 Benny is Great.

BTW Lubrication oil for the carriage rails and felts is NYE oil
HP nye oil is about $80 for a 6oz bottle

6oz bottle of nye oil on amazon is $24
Save your belts, felts and bushings,,,,,,,,,oil those rails weekly !

Cheers Yall

Last edited: