Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions best optically clear vinyl

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by bigben, Aug 30, 2019.

1. bigben

bigben Moderator

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    So I've used the general formulation optically clear vinyl for windows lately. I've installed it wet but after few days, the clear/no ink part was not 100% clear. It's like if the glue was fuzzing the view.

So I'm looking for recommendations for real 100% optically clear material that will be compatible with my old HP L26500.

Thanks. Ben

Tags:
  2. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    3m 8518 is a laminate, but I've installed for other companies that have printed on it. It seemed to be more clear than the Arlon 4500G Clear we use typically, but it costs significantly more. It is also cast vs arlon's calendared.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    For permanent jobs 3M 8150.
    Short term removable - LG LP3962 is much cheaper.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. bigben

bigben Moderator

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    I don't think print with my L26500 would work great on a laminate. But I will ask my distributor if it work.

Thanks for the suggestion of the 8150. I'll ask for a sample to try it out. For the LG, I don't have access to this brand here. Do you have other options?