• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best option for outdoor sidewalk event promo signs

hoerth

Client is a local heritage society that wants to post signs outside variety of buildings with photo showing what they looked like 100 years ago. She wants cheap and durable. She didn't say fast or I would have reminded her she just gets 2 out of 3. With 40 to 60 different images, I'm thinking my best option is the 4 ml or 10 ml coroplast gang run like signs365 does. But many buildings won't have option for step stakes in grass. Client referenced another community with a similar project that stuck signs in buckets of sand set on sidewalks outside buildings. Any other thoughts? Not sure a window option works because might not get as much attention and availability in each building will probably vary. 10 ml have any more durability than 4 ml if I go that route?

10 mil has a great amount of outdoor durability. If they were wanting a window option I would just print up a decal to go on the window. Another option which might not be so cheap are signacades or spiderfeet (for the 10 mil coro). Fellers carries them. If the buildings have such historical value why don't they spend the money and do a plaque style sign on the front of each building with a short story on the history of the building and a photo of what it looked like 100 years ago. Would keep the eyesore of sidewalk signs in front of every building that they deem historical.

hoerth

10 mil has a great amount of outdoor durability. If they were wanting a window option I would just print up a decal to go on the window. Another option which might not be so cheap are signacades or spiderfeet (for the 10 mil coro). Fellers carries them. If the buildings have such historical value why don't they spend the money and do a plaque style sign on the front of each building with a short story on the history of the building and a photo of what it looked like 100 years ago. Would keep the eyesore of sidewalk signs in front of every building that they deem historical.

Yes, I looked at the signcade etc but I know they won't go for that cost. I asked if they had a budget and she couldn't say. But at 40-60 signs, I know she's not planning to spend $100-150 each. These are only going to be displayed for a couple of weeks but the durability comes into play because it sounds like they intend to make it an annual thing so they want to re-use them. Related to a temporary fundraising event so that's why they won't be sticking around all year long. City wouldn't go for that if they are on the sidewalk.

Any thoughts on the pail and sand idea? Where could I wholesale aluminum or steel pails, tall enough to stick a stake in them? If they want to save money, they can staple the sign to the stake. But how easy is that with a 10mm coroplast?

Locals Find!

If it was Me I would use 10 mil coro 24 x 24 and use USA SPIDER STAKES or even USA Step Frames.

Both are plastic, durable and inexpensive. Either option should do what they need in a tight budget without detracting from the property.

I am assuming the plaque idea was outside of their budget, or that would be the best option for you (profit wise) and them (style wise)

Edit:

The spider stakes are less than a buck a piece at 100 + through grimco and the Step Frame is under $10 each. Cheaper than a bucket and sand and a lot less difficult.