Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best option

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Hog Wild graphics, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Hog Wild graphics

Hog Wild graphics Member

Apr 2, 2011
    texas
    So a local school is needing a old sign redone. They want a 30"x72" image to replace old vinyl decal. The vinyl is so caked on that it is coming of in very small pieces. I had a guy spend about an hour today on it and he got maybe 10% done.

I'm wondering if anyone has any way of getting this old vinyl off without taking paint off. We used rapid remover, heat, bland, but it's just taking too long.

I'm actually thinking about just cleaning it real good with soft sander and placing new printed sheet over it. My only concern is small bubbles in area were vinyl and metal meet

Any and all suggestions appreciated

Tags:
  2. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    I'd tell them a 30x72 slab of material is much cheaper then the labor to remove that.

3. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    turn it over? :popcorn:

4. carter75

carter75 Member

Jul 5, 2012
    :thumb: