• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best place to buy a new printhead DX-5

bendeane

I think it may be about time to replace the head on my Mutoh VJ-1614. I've seen heads on e-bay for about half that say they are compatible, but wanted others' opinions on the matter. GEI, solventinkjet.com, cmykparts.com are all around $2000.00.

Any thoughts?

rjssigns

I think there was a post here where guys were buying a certain model Epson desktop printer for $299 because they come with a DX5. Might take some digging to find the thread. I don't think there were head rank issues either.

bendeane

Thanks for the insight...that other thread was enlightening...

Any others want to pipe in on this and give your $.02?

alfred

I bought a cheap printhead DX5 from ebay for 500€ but its waste of time and money .It worked only for 2-3 days. Then i pay 1600€ for the original . So the printhead cost for me that time 2100€. Dont make the same mistake mate

inkmed

Mutoh 1614 printer head

Hello

Mutoh VJ1614 use same printer head as VJ1204/1604, the original printer heads of these printers are same.
But VJ1204/1604 can use Epson DX5 head, if use solvent head, the adaptor need modify.
Mutoh VJ1614 can only use original Mutoh head.

Even if the original VJ1614 printer head, $2000 is so crazy.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 129

bartman

OWNER / OPERATOR
help! anyone know what is interchangable with the mutoh 1304???? need to purchace ASAP. just dont want to pay 1,800 if I dont need to.