• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best place to buy X3

thurstonracing

Just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista (insert good or bad comment here) and am currently using CorelDraw 9 that was part of a Corel essentials pack. The way I understand from Corel is that X3 (with a service pack upgrade) and X4 are the only versions compatible with Vista. I am not sure I am eligible for an upgrade version since I have Corel Essentials?

To get to the point, it seems like X3 is the way to go since it is cheaper than X4 and appears to be very similar. Does anyone know of a good place to get X3 cheap? Also, If I cut direct from Corel 9 I shouldn't have any problem cutting from X3 right?

Thanks in Advance!
Rob
Rocket Marketing

G

gps-hi

If buying from Ebay, make sure it can be licensed.

It is numerous bundles as well. Bad Wraps has it with the vehicle templates and Corel it self is pimping an anniversary addition that comes with wacom tablet.

sarge

i would call corel and as them if you can get an upgrade .. just go to their web site .. i went from 4 to 8 to 11 to x4 .. they work on my xp machines and my vista .. except all that is loaded on the vista is x4 .. the files can go up .. but not down .. or that is my experience

G

gps-hi

New versions should always open the older versions. Going the other way, you'll have to do a "Save as" and specify the version number if you need to open in an older one.

sarge

i got my x4 with the wacom .. and that was 1 sweet deal .. i use my wacom everyday and has already paod for itself many times over

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i run vista on my laptop and have both corel 8 and 12 installed....both run and function properly without issues....did you try installing it and have a problem? or just going off what you've heard?? ....but i'm the kinds person to say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

thurstonracing

i run vista on my laptop and have both corel 8 and 12 installed....both run and function properly without issues....did you try installing it and have a problem? or just going off what you've heard?? ....but i'm the kinds person to say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

I do not have the laptop yet I am just going off of what the Corel Tech told me.....but of course he is going to tell me to upgrade. Maybe I will try it first before I spend more money?

Steve C.

i would call corel and as them if you can get an upgrade .. just go to their web site .. i went from 4 to 8 to 11 to x4 .. they work on my xp machines and my vista .. except all that is loaded on the vista is x4 .. the files can go up .. but not down .. or that is my experience

I've found the easiest way to go down is save as .cmx. I go back and forward
using 8 and X3.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I do not have the laptop yet I am just going off of what the Corel Tech told me.....but of course he is going to tell me to upgrade. Maybe I will try it first before I spend more money?

that's what i'd do...there may be some aspects of it that don't work, or that others have experienced issues with.....i just wouldn't want you forking out more money than you need to....especially if what you have will work fine...

thurstonracing

Got the laptop yesterday and CorelDraw 9 seems to function properly, did not have alot of time to run it thru its paces but it seems stable. When installing it did not want me to keep installing because of the opertaing system but I just ignored it and it works. Thanks for the heads up! I am very happy saving myself a few 100 dollars! I do believe I am running the 32 bit Vista so i'm not sure what would happen with 64 bit. So far so good!