• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best place to list a Mimaki CJV30-100 for sale?

mlathem1998

Basically the machine was bought new in 2010 by the original owner who never even used it, but only set it up and printed like once with it. Supposedly he flushed it out per Mimaki instructions and it sat for three years and he decided to sell it. I have not doubt what the guy told me, but come to find out the head was clogged pretty bad. Through my lack of knowledge AND money I tried to find other ways to fix the machine. So now, it sits, running up credit cards interest, not paying for itself and I do not have the money to get the parts I need to fix it. It most likely needs a new head, then possibly a slider board or a main board. I keep getting a device construction error 202 and nothing I do fixes the error. I have had a tech at my house and even Mimaki employee himself on the phone and everyone just tells me replace parts replace parts. I do not have the money to replace parts, so I must sell quickly because I can't handle the additional payment without the machine working.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Downgrade the firmware to and earlier version..... the device construction error will more than likely go away and you will have a working machine. Most often that error is due to the machine having a non-oem head in it.

mlathem1998

Yes, I had got a non-oem head to take the cheaper way out. However that did not fix it. I have tried several firmware versions and it still will not work. Odd thing is, one or two of the firmwares tell me head something strange. I still get the device construction error, and when I look at the error I get Head memory 128MB on some firmwares and 0.0kb on other firmwares. No one seems to REALLY know, not even the tech. The only answer is start replacing parts starting with the head, then slider board, and finally the main board.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The docs are not too specific about when they added the aftermarket head checking to the firmware but based on when they added that to the JV33 you would need to possibly downgrade the firmware to 1.20 but 1.30 and 2.0 might work. Not really sure. I know on the JV33 to use a non-oem head you have to keep it at 2.20 but the firmware is different since the JV33 has no cutter.

mlathem1998

I have $10k invested in the purchase, so I am at least trying to recoup $6k from the machine since it will take $2k to $4k to fix possibly. The tech who came to my house gave me all the firmware versions he had, 1.2 up to 3.0. My machine came stock with 2.0 since it had not even been plugged in since 2010.