• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

best price for onyx production house x10

artbot

i have to get onyx production house for running a CET flatbed along with a few other printers (canon ipf 9000, jv3 160sp, and a jv33 clone).

does anyone know of some discount sources to purchase onyx production house? i'm seeing $4700 as the "lowest" price. that's not "low".

i think i can even use onyx7 PH as well, are their any sellers of used copies of 7 or 10 out there?

WildWestDesigns

i'm seeing $4700 as the "lowest" price. that's not "low".

$4700 isn't that bad of a price. I guess I'm skewed with having to deal with software that costs $15k.

I was doing some searches for you as well and that appears to be the lowest price going.

artbot

thanks for the heads up on caldera. i looked into caldera and couldn't find any confirmation that it had white/spot ink support. also a CET tech confirmed that
onyx was the only white ink rip. that said, i wouldn't be surprised if caldera added
white ink just lately. everything runs white ink a this point. and i'd rather run caldera
if possible.

IronHawk

ColorGate is what our flatbed guy runs on his Fuji's and it handles white ink just fine. He's run ONYX also and wouldn't touch it unless he has to now that he has ColorGate. We would have used it for my solvents also but the cost was going to be a good bit more than what ONYX x10 was.

I just looked to see what the place we bought our Production House from has it listed for and it says "call for pricing". Sorry for no more help than that....

artbot

i've heard nothing but the best reviews about colorgate. unfortunately, with CET being a smaller builder, they haven't been picked up by too many RIP oems. i'm sure that will change in the next few years. CET is at a critical mass point and will start giving HP fits soon.

HulkSmash

thanks for the heads up on caldera. i looked into caldera and couldn't find any confirmation that it had white/spot ink support. also a CET tech confirmed that
onyx was the only white ink rip. that said, i wouldn't be surprised if caldera added
white ink just lately. everything runs white ink a this point. and i'd rather run caldera
if possible.

Not true, Caldera does have white ink rip. I bought Grand RIP for 1100 after turning in a flexi key. Does all that onyx does and more. And it seems like you like to mess and edit your own stuff... Caldera does a much better job at allowing you to do so with profiles.. trust me.. much better overall product.

artbot

the plot thickens... i do need a lot of odd control. i've got the 16 heads right now it's set up for W+CMYKcm+W. i'm needing something more like W+CMYK+SS+V. i'm going to contact caldera tomorrow. really appreciate all the heads up.

signswi

Onyx 10.2 is what you want to compare against Caldera, 10.2 added much more control over spot replacements and weird ink setups. You have to stop thinking like a scrounging artist, you're financed now ;).

WestbankKurt

Caldera

We are using Onyx on our Mimakies and I do not enjoy it but we are using Caldera on our HP XP2700 and its a dream. I cant wait for the techs to install Caldera at my work station. Onyx takes forever to rip!

TheSnowman

I got the upgrade for $895 from Advantage when I bought my new Mimaki a few months ago. I went from 7 to 10. Not sure what the full blown software is. I was thinking I paid like $2,500 for 7 years ago.

Freese

I got the upgrade for $895 from Advantage when I bought my new Mimaki a few months ago. I went from 7 to 10. Not sure what the full blown software is. I was thinking I paid like $2,500 for 7 years ago.

If you have an older version of Onyx, you can purchase the agreement and it will update you to the latest version.

Last edited:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Artbot Im getting some pricing together that I may be able to just slide over at my cost but give me a few hours to see what I can find.

N.E.

Not true, Caldera does have white ink rip. I bought Grand RIP for 1100 after turning in a flexi key. Does all that onyx does and more. And it seems like you like to mess and edit your own stuff... Caldera does a much better job at allowing you to do so with profiles.. trust me.. much better overall product.

Yep I second this.

O.P. I'm using it as well for my Vutek GS3250LX. Best thing is you can preview the white before you RIP or print. I also use it for a HP 6100, HP 26500 Latex and Inca Onset S40. Onyx seems so 10 years ago to me now.