• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best printer for product labels

bossprint

I have a roland xc 540 and a aqueous printer but I am wanting to do large runs of product labels. I am not sure if thermal or uv is the way to go. Or maybe even screen printing.

jasonx

What do you consider a large run of labels and at what size? What durability do you want? Indoor or outdoor?

bossprint

RUns of about 100,000 of labels about 2" x 3". They are going to be labels for candles and things like that. So inside but we want them to be nice and easy to apply.

G-Artist

The cheapest way is to farm them out to a label company.

Those companies can do it for a fraction of your costs (giving you a reasonable profit for merely taking an order) and can provide the rolls/sheets set up for any label application machine.

The printer units used by those companies automatically die cut and weed so at the end of a run the labels are ready to be shipped.

bossprint

It is for intercompany and we will have several variations of the labels. We will want to print small runs of some variations too.

jasonx

You'll prob need an HP WS Indigo printer or similar. You can knock our small quantities or large quantities then.

You will also need a finishing system to go with it.