• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best printer

Commando

I am looking for a printer that is capable of printing road signs. Durability is key in our business. Is suggestions on printers or retailers? Any help is greatly appreciated.

rjssigns

Not sure if its the best, but years before I had my own printer all my color products were done on a Matan Sprinter. I was very happy with the quality of the prints.
This one is specifically for traffic signs: http://matanprinters.com/applications/traffic-applications/

Somewhere on this forum there is a thread relating to traffic sign printers. Might take some digging, but there's a lot of info.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What's the best pickup truck? Printers of a type, much like pickup trucks, are functionally identical. That doesn't seem to faze the typical printer chauvinist who just knows that whatever iron they might be wrangling is far superior to any other. Just like pickup trucks.

2B

what type of road signs are you doing?
most road signs are either screen printed or cut / layered materials

TXFB.INS

We re doing a lot of street signs for towns and counties.

you may want to check with the regs as DOT and city street / regulatory signs usually require them to be produced a certain way.
either DGP or HIP reflecting background with a translucent overlay or could be screen printed information.

Catherineeee

Not sure if its the best, but years before I had my own printer all my color products were done on a Matan Sprinter. I was very happy with the quality of the prints.
This one is specifically for traffic signs: Traffic Applications - Matan Digital Printers

Somewhere on this forum there is a thread relating to traffic sign printers. Might take some digging, but there's a lot of info.
hi.. sounds interesting.. what matan printer you have, is it matan 3? can you share to me the speeds/printmodes in indoor and outdoor pls.?

thanks in advance.

rjssigns

hi.. sounds interesting.. what matan printer you have, is it matan 3? can you share to me the speeds/printmodes in indoor and outdoor pls.?

thanks in advance.

Sorry for the confusion, I subbed out all my prints to a shop with a Matan Sprinter, never owned one. That was along time ago, and I can't remember the company name. With that being said my clients were always pleased with the quality.