• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Purchase of 2011?

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Again, similar to my buyer's remorse thread.... sign/graphics related items only

What was your best purchase in 2011?

For me it was upgrading to Adobe CS5.5. There have been enough changes from CS3 to make it worth the upgrade plus I am up to date for opening all incoming files

I did not make any hardware updates so this is the best I could come up with for 2011

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I couldn't decide on just one, so here's my top four:

Upgraged to Photoshop CS5, new Dell Precision 1600 workstation, attended Kaufmann Foundation FastTrac Growth Venture business training course...way cool.

For the shop, the new "No Smoking" in public places law did me really well this year. I picked up two Smokeeters http://www.smokeeters.com (smoke and dust eliminator / ionizer) from a VFW Hall for $100 bucks for the pair. Brand new, they go for a fuzz over 3 grand each. They've done a great job keeping the dust to a minimum, and keeps my shop smelling spring-time fresh (like after a thunderstorm).

JB

GP

Caldera + HP printer was pretty huge.

And thanks to help from Insignia Signs, we built a pretty sweet design work station.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Finally got rid of three big, old (but good) flat screen CRTs and replaced them with Dell UltraSharp monitors.

Happy, we are, all.

Sticky Signs

I don't have it yet, but I ordered a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. It'll get me to the shop and back in style!

Do gifts count? Got an RC Helicopter for Christmas... can't stop playing with the thing. Amazing how toy technology has gotten better over the years.

artbot

my new/custom 14'x6' rotisserie table. it renders massive pieces completely accessible.

it was a custom fab' cannibalized from an old fighter jet factory. used to have wings attached to it for riveting.

shakey0818

My best buys by far is my new 2-37" vizo monitors,40" LG monitor,2Toshiba laptops,Toshiba Thrive 10" tablet,Ipad 2 and my Iphone.Other than that a bunch of misc. tools,and of corse my many purchases at Harbor Freight.

Pat Whatley

The new computer I built myself to use at the shop. So damn fast compared to my Dells that I can't work at home anymore. Win-win.

Sticky Signs

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. It's not really a purchase but I leased a new location for 3 years. Best move we've made so far. The rent ain't cheap but it's worth every penny.

S

Stan B

2011 was truly fruitful. So I'll concentrate on toys. We finally got our own 8000lbs 3 stage forklift! My son loves it :)

Jack Knight1979

Fotoba cutter. The thing is amazing. I cut down full rolls of vinyl in minutes. No user error or wondering cuts. It's bullet proof and crazy fast. Learning curve was about a day.