• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best RIP Software for an HP Latex 110?

Danr2c2

Looking to upgrade from the free Flexi RIP software that was included with the purchase of my HP Latex 110. Anyone have any recommendations?

Primary considerations are ease of use, reliability, versatility, and affordability. Mac OS compatibility would be a plus, but isn't required.

I've started to look into Onyx and Caldera initially but open to suggestions. TIA!

Danr2c2

I've ripped miles through Flexi, can't imagine why you would want to pay for something that you don't need.

It's mostly due to the need for an easier workflow and less frustration. I constantly have issues trying to nest prints and I'm currently struggling to get Flexi to recognize a 1200 DPI print mode. I've already created the profile on the printer with 18 pass selected but I still only see 600 DPI in the software. Even if the printer is actually doing 1200 DPI printing, I have no way to confirm it and that's super annoying. Not to mention all the random weird idiosyncrasies it has where I need to revalidate settings on each tab prior to printing since I can't seem to get it to hold any defaults I try to save. There's more but it's unnecessary for me to rant about it here, just know I'm interested in exploring other options.

Johnny Best

Might want to look into Shiraz Software, it's Mac compatible but cost may be a factor.

This is what I use. Flexi was free with my printer but it does not hold a candle in output to Shiraz. You can download a free trial to see how it works for you. It works with Mac and Windows.

TomK

This is what I use. Flexi was free with my printer but it does not hold a candle in output to Shiraz. You can download a free trial to see how it works for you. It works with Mac and Windows.
Hey Johnny Best, do you know if you can still design in Flex and use Shiraz as the rip/print/cut?

Johnny Best

Hey Johnny Best, do you know if you can still design in Flex and use Shiraz as the rip/print/cut?
Never used Flexi, but I save everything I print as a .pdf. I just RIP and do not cut from the RIP. Do not know if it has a cut feature. Use separate software for my Summa to do that.

Johnny Best

How would you know it doesn't hold a candle to Shiraz if you say you have never used it?

if i could draw, I would have Johnny Bested u.....

I only have used the FlexiRip which came free with my printer, have never used Flexi to draw or design with. I was referring to and answering the question someone had asked about designing in Flexi and using Sharaz RIP.
Ddarlak, your starting to sound like Gino, which might be a good thing in your case.

Danr2c2

I only have used the FlexiRip which came free with my printer, have never used Flexi to draw or design with. I was referring to and answering the question someone had asked about designing in Flexi and using Sharaz RIP.
Ddarlak, your starting to sound like Gino, which might be a good thing in your case.

Same, I've only used FlexiRIP for printing only and would never use it for design or anything as that would be insane to me. The interface is disgusting to put it mildly. I use Adobe Illustrator for all my design and vector work, then I just print from Flexi.

HulkSmash

Caldera - Without question.

I've used Flexi, I;ve used onyx. Caldera by far is the most advanced, and easiest to use. It's mostly drag and drop. The support is Free, as long as you have the newest version, no service contract like onyx. The color management is excellent. I mean just take it from someone who has already made the mistake of using everything else.

dypinc

I've used Flexi, I;ve used onyx. Caldera by far is the most advanced, and easiest to use. It's mostly drag and drop. The support is Free, as long as you have the newest version, no service contract like onyx. The color management is excellent. I mean just take it from someone who has already made the mistake of using everything else.

Have you used ColorGate?

Carlos Valencia

Looking to upgrade from the free Flexi RIP software that was included with the purchase of my HP Latex 110. Anyone have any recommendations?

Primary considerations are ease of use, reliability, versatility, and affordability. Mac OS compatibility would be a plus, but isn't required.

I've started to look into Onyx and Caldera initially but open to suggestions. TIA!
We would recommend Flexi premium 365. Does all design, print and cut. Works great with that Hp unit. We also have Flexi Hp edition. thx Plottermaster