• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best sign post to put in a lake?

ronk455

I have a customer that wants to place some "No Fishing" signs in their lake. I can come up with the signs, didn't know the best material for the post. I was thinking about just using some steel fence posts. Would aluminun work better. They plan on putting them in. Said they would take them out in the boat and drive them down in the bottom. We are only talking a few feet from shore. I was thinking like an 8 foot post would work. I believe they plan on leaving them in year round. Of couse being in NE Ohio, the lake freezes over winter. Any other suggestions?

Ron

Mosh

How deep? If not too deep a steel U post will work. That U post will last at least 10-15 years in a fresh water environment. If deeper a concrete block and cable to a buoy would be best. BTW, we have some U posts in a wetlands that sits in water 90% of the time and has been there for at least 12 years.