• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Best Sign Vinyl for Kiss Cutting - 3M x Avery x Arlon x Metamark

Tyler2262

We generally use Avery 900 series cast vinyl for the majority of the kiss cutting and signage we make and install but I am finding that the backing is quite hard for our RollsRoller to apply app tape to without creasing constantly. Can anyone recomend a better product with a stay flat liner that won't constantly crease?

In case you haven't already, you may want to try taping the leading edge of your graphic to the roller table with masking tape before you apply your app tape. We never have a creasing problem with our RollsRoller when taping cut vinyl, but this is the method I use to hold the front edge in place before I start applying the tape and I think that has a lot to do with it. Aside from that, we use Orafol products almost exclusively in our shop and I think it has a slightly heavier carrier sheet. 20190718_104616.jpg 20190718_111428.jpg

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We generally use Avery 900 series cast vinyl for the majority of the kiss cutting and signage we make and install but I am finding that the backing is quite hard for our RollsRoller to apply app tape to without creasing constantly. Can anyone recomend a better product with a stay flat liner that won't constantly crease?

You say "kiss cut"... are you doing a true kiss cut or do you just mean contour cutting on your plotter?

Tyler2262

In case you haven't already, you may want to try taping the leading edge of your graphic to the roller table with masking tape before you apply your app tape. We never have a creasing problem with our RollsRoller when taping cut vinyl, but this is the method I use to hold the front edge in place before I start applying the tape and I think that has a lot to do with it. Aside from that, we use Orafol products almost exclusively in our shop and I think it has a slightly heavier carrier sheet. View attachment 141712 View attachment 141713
Never thought about doing that, I'll give it a go.
Will look into Orafol as well. Thanks!