• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Best small format UV printer out there?

Tatonka

I'm looking for suggestions on the best UV printer on the market to replace our Roland LEF-12. Speed isn't an issue for us, so don't base suggestions on that, we want the absolute best image quality possible, with the widest gamut possible.

I've started looking at the Mimaki UJF6042 Mk ii, but I'm curious if there's a brand I'm missing, or something better out there.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
What are you going to be doing with it specifically? Depending on the application, there might be something more ideal for you. The Mimaki is a good solution in general.

Tatonka

What are you going to be doing with it specifically? Depending on the application, there might be something more ideal for you. The Mimaki is a good solution in general.

We do a lot of customized consumer electronics. Sometimes directly on parts, sometimes on our paint and under a clearcoat, and sometimes directly on top of that clearcoat. Many of our clients are extremely picky about the quality of the prints on those products, to the point that they've almost got to be photo quality. It's got to have a print area at least the size of the LEF-12, but preferably bigger with at least 450mm in one of the directions.

jriley

If you're checking all of the small UV printers out, make sure to look at the VJ-426UF and VJ-626UF. However, I believe they use the same Epson DX7 heads as the Roland, so you're probably looking at similar quality as what you're currently using. I'm not sure if there's small UV printer that boasts higher possible print quality--maybe someone else can chime in on that.

zstekovic

Mimaki UJF-3240 FX is awesome little printer (or MKII).
Had one, but I sold it bundled with my firm in Europe. Software is awesome, and support is really good. It's not really fast (unidirectional), but if you manage your workflow it's really capable machine. Configuration was CMYKWW.