• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help BEST Software or add on to VECTORIZE LOGO

ARGENTO

Advanced beginner
Hi!

I am looking for a good option.
BEST Software or add on to VECTORIZE LOGO

I am going to get Flexi very soon...

But in the mean time what would be a good option?

Thanks !

L

WildWestDesigns

Learn to use the pen tool. Something that should be available in any competent vector creation package and behave (more often then not) the same way among those same software packages.

Some auto conversions are better then others, but to me the absolute best way is with the pen tool. An auto conversion may be "good enough", but to me the manual input tools (even some that are add ons that add extra functionality to the standard tools) are the "best" way to do it.

Johnny Best

Since your new to this and have Flexi. I am an Illustrator user but Corel has a less learning curve than Illustrator. Most new people on here will use and suggest Corel. You don't need Flexi if you have Corel or Illustrator. Note: Corel does not work on a Mac, only Window based.
Rick would suggest both but he will be going to the hospital soon with kidney stones from drinking ice tea.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
want simplicity and speed. Go with Corel. It'll make you more $$.

Gulp, gulp, gulp, chug, chug

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
OK my real answer...

When it comes to vectorizing... garbage in, garbage out... no vector program is perfect, I think buying Flexi JUST to vectorize is a huge investment for such little return...

You need to practice with the vector program of your choice - learning your pen tool is one, learning a few tricks like printing out the logo/artwork at larger size, re-ink with better lines, scan and vectorize for intricate work or a combination of re-draw on paper and screen...

And Corel users do lie... Myront is drinking the Corel Koolaid...

ARGENTO

Advanced beginner
THANK YOU GUYS! For all your answers.
I am thinking of getting all things that make my job easier and faster.
Flexi I want it to make a lot of stuff.
Corel Draw I am starting seriously on getting it too.

I already have a subscription with ADOBE for the whole package -a student one...cheaper!-
Adobe is great, but to cut contour is a pain in the butt.
I have seen people cutting stuff very easy with Flexi.

I am also gonna get SURE Cuts a Lot Pro.....since it has been very recommended on this forum

Thank You again for all your help guys!

Ps: The Corel Draw People Vs The Anti-Corel Draw people situation is pretty funny. I am just saying.
Stop the fight. More Love. Less fight! :)

Rick

Ps: The Corel Draw People Vs The Anti-Corel Draw people situation is pretty funny. I am just saying.
Stop the fight. More Love. Less fight! :)

Well, when some boast that Corel Draw is 100x faster or 10x better with inconclusive qualitative or non-existent quantitative facts to back up their claims, except postings of their marginally acceptable work, that would not qualify as facts for anyone to conclude CorelDraw is superior... one has to wonder...

Last edited:

Johnny Best

Well, when some boast that Corel Draw is 100x faster or 10x better with inconclusive qualitative or non-existent quantitative facts to back up their claims except postings of their marginally acceptable work that would not qualify as facts to conclude CorelDraw is superior... one has to wonder...

Now your trying to sound like bob.

Dallas225

Stumbled across a program years ago called vector magic - still is the best Money I’ve ever spent, it’s absolutely shocking what it will vectorize.. will literally polish a turd into a diamond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpfohler

Well, when some boast that Corel Draw is 100x faster or 10x better with inconclusive qualitative or non-existent quantitative facts to back up their claims, except postings of their marginally acceptable work, that would not qualify as facts for anyone to conclude CorelDraw is superior... one has to wonder...

Marginally acceptable work? That’s pretty harsh rhetoric!
Check out this guys work and tell me it’s marginal. I read the entire thread and I don’t see anyone making the claims you suggest, actually the only bashing here is against Corel users.

Last edited:

Rick

Marginally acceptable work? That’s pretty harsh rhetoric!
Check out this guys work and tell me it’s marginal.
Yeah ummmm, wasn't talking about Joe's work... Joe never claimed it's 100 times faster or 10 times better...

Awwww they can dish it out but they can't take it... By the way this goes way farther back than this thread.... we Adobe and Corel users love to pull each other's tail...

Last edited:

bpfohler

Yeah ummmm, wasn't talking about Joe's work... Joe never claimed it's 100 times faster or 10 times better...
Well I’m a Corel user and I don’t make those claims.
I’m sure PS and Illistrator users claim they use the best program too and some of them do marginal work. It’s more about the user and not the software.
You know as well as I do that it’s a loaded question like “Ford or Chevy?”