• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Software or plugin for artwork nesting

whatsinaname

What will be a suitable cutting plotter software for artwork nesting? We have hundreds of outline artworks for stickers/decals that we need to cut everyday and Obviously to save as much material as possible, we try to utilize every inch of the materials by arranging manually it in the best possible manner. But it takes a lot of man hours to arrange them and is slowing down our production.

We will have input like the attached image input.jpg and want all artworks to ideally be arranged like shown in the output image.

Input_for_nesting.JPG Output_after_nesting.JPG

We use illustrator CS5 with cutting master 3 for cutting but illustrator has no option for nesting. Tried the e-cut plugin for illustrator but doesn't work. Is there any other plugin/tool or any other cutting software that is the best for nesting?

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
are you looking for true shape nesting or just boxing. there are several nice options out there. some are subscription-based.

jwlllpl

I have been using SignTools out of Australia for the better part of 20 years for this exact reason. I also like that I can cut directly from Coreldraw and Illustrator. Not sure what it costs because I just upgrade when I need to. I have version 4 at this time. They used to offer a demo version. There are programs I have tried thru the years but this one is tried and true. Customer service is fantastic. Remember they are in Australia so time change may effect immediate answers to questions but they have always got back to me in a timely fashion. QUICK TIP if you decide to try...group items you want kept together before using the vinyl saver feature.

FrankW

Flexi can do that. Boxing and Trueshape-Nesting (Flexidesigner, Flexisign, FlexiSign & Print).

And Onyx has published a software „Trufit“ recently for trueshape-Nesting, but mainly for printing (havent tested until now if it would work with cutting data too).

greysquirrel

TruFit is awesome...they have 30 day free demos available....I bought it after the third use...shape nesting, will put cut lines on raster images, two sided workflow if you have a latex...

whatsinaname

are you looking for true shape nesting or just boxing. there are several nice options out there. some are subscription-based.

We need just box nesting. All the true shape artworks will be under their individual weed boxes as you can see in the attached images. So it will be just 100% rectangular boxes.

whatsinaname

In what way is ecut not working, I use ecut for coreldraw and it does exactly what you are looking for.

I tried, first thing it doesn't recognize the artworks inside the box may be due the way those compound paths are. But other softwares are perfectly recognizing it. But still as a trial I tried nesting but its not nesting them correctly and seems to be taking them to the 2nd sheet when its perfectly possible to do it in 1 sheet. I might be wrong but their trial version is very cumbersome to test. I am using illustrator though. Is it working fine for you in coreldraw? Can it perform nesting like in the example images that I have attached? I am willing to send you an demo file.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I've used E-cut for some 8-10 years, and find it very useful, especially for lasering in acrylic. It's great.
Of course it won't nest a file in which all shapes are grouped or compounded- that translates as one item. They need to be separated to be able to be moved by the software.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
TruFit is awesome...they have 30 day free demos available....I bought it after the third use...shape nesting, will put cut lines on raster images, two sided workflow if you have a latex...

I've been wanting to test this out. Is it standalone software? Do you recall what it costs?

Thanks.

ikarasu

It should be built into onyx tbh. Flexi has it.... And it wouldn't surprise me if it was in the next version of onyx. I feel like they're just milking it.

Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome and has more features / options than flexi and other ones... And $3000 is nothing with material you save if that's the kind of thing you're always doing.... But I don't want to see onyx flooded with "advanced modules" that cost $3000 a piece.... It should be part of the core software.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
It should be built into onyx tbh.

Recently announced...
"ONYX TruFit software – covering the entire product portfolio of ONYX solutions including ONYX Thrive print workflow, and ONYX RIP products including ONYX PosterShop, and ONYX RIPCenter – is now available to all ONYX customers by requesting a key update and to all other customers through a license purchase.

ONYX TruFit is also available for non-ONYX RIP users and can be obtained through a license purchase."

Christian @ 2CT Media

Recently announced...
"ONYX TruFit software – covering the entire product portfolio of ONYX solutions including ONYX Thrive print workflow, and ONYX RIP products including ONYX PosterShop, and ONYX RIPCenter – is now available to all ONYX customers by requesting a key update and to all other customers through a license purchase.

ONYX TruFit is also available for non-ONYX RIP users and can be obtained through a license purchase."
Link this please