• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best T-Shirt Transfers for regular desktop inkjets?

SignProPlus-Chip

Just wondering what some of you recommend for transfer material when using a regular desktop inkjet.

We just want to make a handful of some very inexpensive short term shirts to use for our company until we get our higher end ones in.

Anything out there that wont fade to nothing after just a couple of washes?

WildWestDesigns

Just wondering what some of you recommend for transfer material when using a regular desktop inkjet.

We just want to make a handful of some very inexpensive short term shirts to use for our company until we get our higher end ones in.

Most commercial grade transfers will hold up to a decent amount of washing. Just don't get the ones from office depot etc, those will more then likely only last a very few amount.

I'm not a fan of the dark transfer shirts unless you use a cutter to cut really close so there is very little white around the edges. I just don't like the look otherwise and be careful about not over doing the press time as the longer you have it going the more you are able to see the fabric underneath with the dark transfers.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Pigment ink is good and most desktop inkjets use pigment ink. One trick I've done when we printed transfers on our Canon iPF8100 is to let it dry a little extra and then spray it down with clear coat you can pick up at Lowe's or maybe Wal-Mart. Let that dry.

I have two shirts one I heat applied without the clear coat and one with it. The one without is completely deteriorated and the other still looks very good after a hundred washes.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Heat transfer solution

Since you have the solution to print/cut, we have the Roland HTM and the FDC HTM (matte or gloss). Please let me know how I may help.

megacab

For light colored shirts, use Jet-Pro Sofstretch. After you are done pressing them, turn them inside out and wash 3 times. Shirts and prints will be like one, with a super soft hand and will last quite awhile.

Mike_Koval

I would also go the route of your Pro III. Inkjet transfer will get you about 15-20 washes at most.

Your Pro III will produce transfers that last. I have a variety of different materials for any color and any fabric. Let me know if you are interested in sampling any of them.

maskman

For light colored shirts, use Jet-Pro Sofstretch. After you are done pressing them, turn them inside out and wash 3 times. Shirts and prints will be like one, with a super soft hand and will last quite awhile.

X2 on the jet pro softstretch and we have been using 3g jet opaque for darks. any dark transfer will feel heavy. We have just been having good luck with the 3g.

HaroldDesign

X2 on the jet pro softstretch and we have been using 3g jet opaque for darks. any dark transfer will feel heavy. We have just been having good luck with the 3g.
I use the 3G, also. What transfer film do you use? I have a hard time getting it to stick.
:thread

34Ford

I've had good luck with JPSS and a Epson R1900 pigment ink printer.
And it does really nice mouse pads.