• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Tablet and App

decalit

Looking for advice on a new tablet. What I am wanting to accomplish is taking it to the field with me and shooting pics the sign blank or old decal to be remade, pulling them up on the tablet and drawing and inserting text like dimensions and notes. Does anyone have a setup like this? Did not know which would be best for something like this Android, windows, mac? Thanks

WildWestDesigns

Looking for advice on a new tablet. What I am wanting to accomplish is taking it to the field with me and shooting pics the sign blank or old decal to be remade, pulling them up on the tablet and drawing and inserting text like dimensions and notes. Does anyone have a setup like this? Did not know which would be best for something like this Android, windows, mac? Thanks

What's your budget?

I run the Wacom Cintiq Tablet that has Win 8 Pro on it. It does have two cameras, but I never use that function. Since it does run the full Win OS, I'm able to use all the programs that are on my main computer while I'm away from my main computer. It's a hefty price tag though (as all Wacom products seem to be), but I have found it to be well worth it.

I wanting to stay under the $500 mark. Thats a nice system but out of my budget.

I have a barely used Wacom Intuos 4 (medium), Used for maybe 6 months of doing things on my own, not with a business as at the time I was doing Freelance Design work.

I have all the Nibs / Pen holder / Tablet / Cord & Soft case. Its been sitting in the soft case now for about a year on top of my desk.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested, I can let it go for $200+shipping.

WildWestDesigns

I have a barely used Wacom Intuos 4 (medium), Used for maybe 6 months of doing things on my own, not with a business as at the time I was doing Freelance Design work.

I have all the Nibs / Pen holder / Tablet / Cord & Soft case. Its been sitting in the soft case now for about a year on top of my desk.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested, I can let it go for $200+shipping.

Different kind of tablet.

To the OP:

With the budget you are looking at, might want to do something along the lines of an Ipad. You can do notes, sketches, pictures etc from that. That would also keep you around that budget that you are wanting, depending on what memory size you get (but I should say, I just have one of the 1st gen Ipads, so it's been a loooooonnnnnnngggggg time, since I've looked at them). I have no experience with the android devices, so I can't comment on those.

54warrior

What's your budget?

I run the Wacom Cintiq Tablet that has Win 8 Pro on it. It does have two cameras, but I never use that function. Since it does run the full Win OS, I'm able to use all the programs that are on my main computer while I'm away from my main computer. It's a hefty price tag though (as all Wacom products seem to be), but I have found it to be well worth it.

So you're telling me that this:

http://www.wacom.com/en/us/creative/cintiq-companion

or the Hybrid version...

I can install all my normal programs just like a normal tablet PC? But it also has the cool Wacom functionality???

And now that I've read this post, I'm pretty sure i'm going to have order one of those tablets.

Love my cintiq. It's expensive but it's paid for itself several times over in increased productivity.

~Chris

WildWestDesigns

So you're telling me that this:

http://www.wacom.com/en/us/creative/cintiq-companion

or the Hybrid version...

I can install all my normal programs just like a normal tablet PC? But it also has the cool Wacom functionality???

You want the Companion, not the hybrid.

The hybrid runs the Android OS I do believe.

I'm running Wilcom and CS6 off of mine (plus some open source programs as well). I did have to use a USB optical drive to load the commercial programs on there. I would also suggest a USB 3.0 to Ethernet adaptor if you want wired network capabilities. I have one when I do backups of the OS to the server.

Make sure your programs are for Windows and not MAC.

I'm able to enjoy all the functionality that I use with my 21UX on this tablet and it's portable. I was nervous when I first got it back in October when they first came out, but it's holding up quite well and I highly suggest it. It is a hefty price tag, but I do believe it's worth it, at least it is to me.