Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Template Font?

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Ldireprophil, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Ldireprophil

Ldireprophil Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Atlanta
    What is the best font to use when creating a temple? My customer will need a few hundred templates to use for painting words on parking space walls in a multi-level garage. I was going to print on Avery DPF adhesive vinyl so they can stick on the wall, rattle-can spray paint, then come back later in the day and peel off. I need a font where the letters are either connected together or when they are cut out, don't lose any of the font. See the pics below.

Attached Files:

• 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      716.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      16.3 KB
      Views:
    • 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      19.4 KB
      Views:
    Tags:
  2. jwlllpl

jwlllpl Member

May 6, 2016
    Florida
    We have one we use that is pretty good. X.Template is how it comes up in my font list...not sure who make it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ldireprophil

Ldireprophil Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Atlanta
    Just downloaded it, looks like a decent one!

4. jwlllpl

jwlllpl Member

May 6, 2016
    Florida
    :)

5. Ldireprophil

Ldireprophil Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Atlanta
    Not bad.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Not sure I follow, if you're cutting a 1 time use decal (paintmask) then the font doesn't matter a bit. If, however, they want a true stencil then, yes, you have to use a stencil font.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ldireprophil

Ldireprophil Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Atlanta
    Most fonts will cut out the inner portion of some letters like A, O. P, R, etc.

Attached Files:

• 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      716.9 KB
      Views:
  8. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Yes, I understand this but if you're using a vinyl decal to create a 1 time use stencil then you weed as usual leaving the centers in, apply the decal, paint then remove the decal.
    upload_2020-3-26_8-7-38.png

9. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    We used to sell stencils on our website, but we got to the point where it was eating up so much of our time trying to explain to the general public why they need use have bridges on the letters, I would say 60% of people couldn't grasp the concept no matter how it was explained to them. some of these email exchanges were 40 + messages long by the time they ordered a $40 stencil...

To answer your question, you are looking for a "stencil font" sites such as dafont have a section for them, there are tons you can use. also you can try this site and it will create a stencil from any font you have installed on your PC. https://stencilfy.glitch.me/

• Like Like x 1