• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Template Font?

Ldireprophil

What is the best font to use when creating a temple? My customer will need a few hundred templates to use for painting words on parking space walls in a multi-level garage. I was going to print on Avery DPF adhesive vinyl so they can stick on the wall, rattle-can spray paint, then come back later in the day and peel off. I need a font where the letters are either connected together or when they are cut out, don't lose any of the font. See the pics below.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    716.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    16.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    19.4 KB · Views: 157

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Not sure I follow, if you're cutting a 1 time use decal (paintmask) then the font doesn't matter a bit. If, however, they want a true stencil then, yes, you have to use a stencil font.

Ldireprophil

Not sure I follow, if you're cutting a 1 time use decal (paintmask) then the font doesn't matter a bit. If, however, they want a true stencil then, yes, you have to use a stencil font.
Most fonts will cut out the inner portion of some letters like A, O. P, R, etc.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    716.9 KB · Views: 144

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Most fonts will cut out the inner portion of some letters like A, O. P, R, etc.

Yes, I understand this but if you're using a vinyl decal to create a 1 time use stencil then you weed as usual leaving the centers in, apply the decal, paint then remove the decal.
upload_2020-3-26_8-7-38.png

CanuckSigns

We used to sell stencils on our website, but we got to the point where it was eating up so much of our time trying to explain to the general public why they need use have bridges on the letters, I would say 60% of people couldn't grasp the concept no matter how it was explained to them. some of these email exchanges were 40 + messages long by the time they ordered a $40 stencil...

To answer your question, you are looking for a "stencil font" sites such as dafont have a section for them, there are tons you can use. also you can try this site and it will create a stencil from any font you have installed on your PC. https://stencilfy.glitch.me/