• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Third-Party EcoSol-Max Ink

buggyjr12

I used to run nothing but Roland OEM ink in my SP-540V. A few years ago I was convinced to give third-party ink a try, mainly because of the cost difference ($82 vs $140 per 440ml cartridge).

I didn't really notice a difference in quality until one day I printed an old file for a customer and noticed that the colors didn't look quite as "vibrant" as I had remembered them being in the past.

I then printed a new color swatch chart to compare with my old chart and realized that my colors were WAY different. Just washed out and not near as nice. The ink I was using at that point was private-labeled with the name of my vendor on it so I don't know who actually made it.

After that I switched to 20/20 from Grimco and it made an immediate difference. Red was redder, blue was bluer, you get the point.

In a prefect world I'd just go back to Roland OEM but I don't like being gouged.

I'll probably stick with 20/20 unless someone can recommend something better.

So my question is, what ink does everyone else use and do you like it? Which is closest in quality to Roland OEM and/or does Roland private-label ink under another (more cost effective) name?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. - I don't do much color matching where things have to be a 100% match to a Pantone book or anything, I just want to pick a brand of ink and stick with it so I can print some new charts and know they're accurate (I'd also like really good looking colors).

Rohit Prasad

WWW.COMPASSCOLOR.COM
I would stick with OEM inks. The maintenance bill after running 3rd party inks equals more than the savings.
Massive amounts of overspray coating up encoder strip/electricals...clogged ink lines is just not worth it.
We use OEM inks on all our UVFlatbed and roll to roll printers.

ChicagoGraphics

Durafos inks from south Korea is what I use to use in my JV3, they we're better then oem inks, richer colors and didn't scrach off.

Skuggedal

SAMINK I have 3 Roland Printers a sp300v a VP540i and a Pro IV 5 years with bulk tanks. Zero issue with printheads or print colors and I have signs without laminate on them out there I still see 5 years later looking great! Super INK!

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I used to run nothing but Roland OEM ink in my SP-540V. A few years ago I was convinced to give third-party ink a try, mainly because of the cost difference ($82 vs $140 per 440ml cartridge).

I didn't really notice a difference in quality until one day I printed an old file for a customer and noticed that the colors didn't look quite as "vibrant" as I had remembered them being in the past.

I then printed a new color swatch chart to compare with my old chart and realized that my colors were WAY different. Just washed out and not near as nice. The ink I was using at that point was private-labeled with the name of my vendor on it so I don't know who actually made it.

After that I switched to 20/20 from Grimco and it made an immediate difference. Red was redder, blue was bluer, you get the point.

In a prefect world I'd just go back to Roland OEM but I don't like being gouged.

So my question is, what ink does everyone else use and do you like it? Which is closest in quality to Roland OEM and/or does Roland private-label ink under another (more cost effective) name?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. - I don't do much color matching where things have to be a 100% match to a Pantone book or anything, I just want to pick a brand of ink and stick with it so I can print some new charts and know they're accurate (I'd also like really good looking colors).

We sell Jetbest ink made in Taiwan from S. California. I can refer you to a Roland tech who sells Jetbest ink in the east coast. He will take good care of you. You may check lots of reviews by going to facebook group: Roland Digital Printer, support group.

AnaF

Hey! Does anyone here have experience dealing with a reputable company in Toronto, Canada who offers bulk ink compatible with Roland printers?

Last edited:

pinki

I use on both mimaki cjv-30 160 machines marabou inkt.
Did some test Andis for me a 100% math with the 'orginal' and ony 60% of the price. Also after years images look OK (did the comparisation)

signheremd

We run OEM inks. Our Roland Soljet is 7 years old and still prints perfectly. As far as ink coverage goes, I challenge cost savings of less expensive ink when you factor cost per job. If you average $290 per month on inks and reduce that to $174 (60%) you have saved $116. Likely you have printed on three rolls of vinyl - better to shop comparative vinyl prices and save there: Orafol 3951 RA $792 to Avery MPI1105EZ $702 equals a difference of $90 per roll or $270 per month. So you can save $67 a week in vinyl easily or $29 in ink - which saves more and impacts quality less... But always be careful, if you let expenses drive the quality of your business you risk running your quality and reputation down, and your business along with that. Quality has a price - as the old Chinese saying goes, "You can pay once or you can pay twice."

GeorgeLee

Classic Maniac

Thank you in advance.

Just a thought...don't know if you ever used Digiprint Supplies or not. They are located in Sarasota Fla and Forth Worth Texas. My Roland uses the four basic colors. just bought a set of 4 Roland from them 440ML for $362.26, thats about $90.56 a cartridge. Shipping not bad from where I live. Not sue about you. The prices may vary a couple dollars sometimes but I've been using them for a good while, never disapointed Just putting that out there.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
do you make your own profiles?
you can only expect so much from canned, downloaded profiles
we use jetbest in our rolands, but, even if we were still using roland inks, the occasional calibration
would still be needed