Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Third-Party EcoSol-Max Ink

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by buggyjr12, Aug 29, 2020.

1. buggyjr12

buggyjr12 Member

Sep 29, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    I used to run nothing but Roland OEM ink in my SP-540V. A few years ago I was convinced to give third-party ink a try, mainly because of the cost difference ($82 vs $140 per 440ml cartridge).

I didn't really notice a difference in quality until one day I printed an old file for a customer and noticed that the colors didn't look quite as "vibrant" as I had remembered them being in the past.

I then printed a new color swatch chart to compare with my old chart and realized that my colors were WAY different. Just washed out and not near as nice. The ink I was using at that point was private-labeled with the name of my vendor on it so I don't know who actually made it.

After that I switched to 20/20 from Grimco and it made an immediate difference. Red was redder, blue was bluer, you get the point.

In a prefect world I'd just go back to Roland OEM but I don't like being gouged.

I'll probably stick with 20/20 unless someone can recommend something better.

So my question is, what ink does everyone else use and do you like it? Which is closest in quality to Roland OEM and/or does Roland private-label ink under another (more cost effective) name?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. - I don't do much color matching where things have to be a 100% match to a Pantone book or anything, I just want to pick a brand of ink and stick with it so I can print some new charts and know they're accurate (I'd also like really good looking colors).

Tags:
  2. Rohit Prasad

Rohit Prasad WWW.COMPASSCOLOR.COM

Jun 14, 2020
    Portland, OR
    I would stick with OEM inks. The maintenance bill after running 3rd party inks equals more than the savings.
    Massive amounts of overspray coating up encoder strip/electricals...clogged ink lines is just not worth it.
    We use OEM inks on all our UVFlatbed and roll to roll printers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Durafos inks from south Korea is what I use to use in my JV3, they we're better then oem inks, richer colors and didn't scrach off.

4. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    i usually reccomend nazdar in this situation. theyve been great in my roland.

5. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I have used jetbest for over 5 years and the quality is superb and the colours are vibrant and as good or better than OEM

• Like Like x 1
  6. Skuggedal

Skuggedal New Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Vernon, BC Canada
    SAMINK I have 3 Roland Printers a sp300v a VP540i and a Pro IV 5 years with bulk tanks. Zero issue with printheads or print colors and I have signs without laminate on them out there I still see 5 years later looking great! Super INK!

7. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    We've been in running Nazdar in our Rolands for years, very happy with it.

8. premiercolour

premiercolour Sales and services from S. California

We sell Jetbest ink made in Taiwan from S. California. I can refer you to a Roland tech who sells Jetbest ink in the east coast. He will take good care of you. You may check lots of reviews by going to facebook group: Roland Digital Printer, support group.