• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best time to buy a printer??

239Design

Thanks

Thanks for the support on making the right chose. I make my living screen printing, and not one of my pieces of equipment cost as much as the printer that I know nothing about! Except the research I have done every free minute I have had in the last 3 months. I started out looking at the BN-20, went to the sp300i and ended up with VS540i??? The anxiety is setting in! I hope I don't end up having a $16,000 boat anchor. I could of bought another bike or a old hot rod with the money and just enjoyed life a little! But NO... Anyway please don't kick me off the forum because the questions are going to be flying in. I guess I need to build some new work tables. Off to the shop. Have a good one

FatCat

Thanks for the support on making the right chose. I make my living screen printing, and not one of my pieces of equipment cost as much as the printer that I know nothing about! Except the research I have done every free minute I have had in the last 3 months. I started out looking at the BN-20, went to the sp300i and ended up with VS540i??? The anxiety is setting in! I hope I don't end up having a $16,000 boat anchor. I could of bought another bike or a old hot rod with the money and just enjoyed life a little! But NO... Anyway please don't kick me off the forum because the questions are going to be flying in. I guess I need to build some new work tables. Off to the shop. Have a good one

You won't regret going to the larger size.

heyskull

That takes me back to the day our 1604 got delivered.
You start thinking "how big is this thing?"

Good decision the bigger machine is the bes buy..

SC

Grimco just sent an email blast out today for a new 63" Mimaki for $12k. Sounded like a great deal to me. Never had a Mimaki myself but I have heard good things about them.

If that is the Latex Mimaki stay away. Just got back from SGIA heard that Mimaki is having a lot a lot a lot of issuses way more then even the L25500.

The only way to get a screaming deal now is demo or show units. Alot of the printer companies have put restrictions (MRP) that the dealers are not allowed to drop below. So if you want new your pretty much going to have to pay the MRP. If you find a dealer willing to sell you a printer for under MRP take it. The only other way they can make it a better deal for you is to start throwing in media and setup for free and training for free. We bought a printer while at SGIA and got it at the MRP with a $1300 software upgrade and about $1500 worth of free media. To tell you the truth I visited 10 different dealers while at the show. Got the same info from all of them. Got the same price for the most part (some wanted $1000 install, some wanted a little more ontop of MRP) the only place they differed was in services and add ons. Even at the show you just have to shop around for what makes it a killer deal. Plus, I don't know if they offer this in any other states. But right now in California any company buying machines for production of an item gets a tax rate of 4.1% That makes a good difference when your talking about a $20,000-$30,000 machine.

239Design

Got the deliver date!

Well the tech is coming next thur the 6th for setup and training. I hope my PC laptop I use for digitizing logos for my embroidery machine will handle the versaworks rip? I hope to start the addition off the back of by shop for the "printer" room. Tons of things going on, and some of them aren't even in my mind! I did have a returning customer ask for a rear window perf. this week, I took that as a SIGN.

239Design

Its here!

:peace!: Well..it got delivered today and let me tell you, its a little overwhelming! Big thanks to Mark (from Premium Sign Supplies)for the great setup and training.