• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best used vinyl printer for stickers?

Briangudas

Hi guys,

I run a printing business with big epsons (aqueous) but I pretty regularly think about printing stickers for a few of the new product lines we are going to introduce. Long term a >60" solvent printer is in the plans but short term I would like to get something that I could practice with... so the question is if you had to pick a 3-5 year old used system that would print on vinyl stickers with good resolution and reasonably priced ink what would it be... i only use epson OEM ink in the production systems right now so I am used to paying for it... so a smaller and cheaper solution would be great to start

Really appreciate any insight

Regards
Brian Gudas

Briangudas

Roland SP300V

Thanks Player, appreciate the feedback... do you think there is anything lower level to start with? It isnt that much money but for 5K I would likely go for a bigger solvent printer.. looking for something in the 1-2K range that will do the trick.. anything possible? Thanks Bg

Valentino

I chose a Mutoh 1204 (48") system almost 7 years ago and it is still going strong. The quality, ease of use, and simple design.

When I thought I had a catastrophic fuze blow out 5 months ago which would render the printer worthless, my first choice was to get estimates for a new 1204. Luckily the fuze was a $5 fix, and other than a few blocked nozzles the printer is going strong.

player

Thanks Player, appreciate the feedback... do you think there is anything lower level to start with? It isnt that much money but for 5K I would likely go for a bigger solvent printer.. looking for something in the 1-2K range that will do the trick.. anything possible? Thanks Bg

Sure but with print + cut + rip + registration after laminating for cut + resale value it would be a good one. But I don't know much about other printers...

MikePro

not going to find a printer for $2k that will be worth your time plugging-in. (unless you get a desktop CriCut)
although, you can most likely get a mimiaki jv3 160sp for that much and only have to put-in another 1-2k in parts to get it back to brand-new condition, assuming you do the work yourself. this printer is a tank.

rcook99

I bought my Mutoh 1204 from Dave at Graphic Resource Systems for a $7,000 delivered and have never looked back. It has been about 18 months and knock on wood no issues.

Plopez210

Always do your research when looking at used items even takes care of their toys differently. I love my jv33 mimaki is great

toodark

Mutoh Falcon Jr

I have a Mutoh Falcon Jr for $3500 and also a second one for parts. Second one could make a 2nd working printer with new maintenance station and heads

Robert M

1-2 k

For that kind of money get a vinyl cutter with an optical sensor, laminate your prints off the epson and you are in the short term sticker business, Finding a working solvent printer for 2k will be tuff.

Sven

I chose a Mutoh 1204 (48") system almost 7 years ago and it is still going strong. The quality, ease of use, and simple design.

When I thought I had a catastrophic fuze blow out 5 months ago which would render the printer worthless, my first choice was to get estimates for a new 1204. Luckily the fuze was a $5 fix, and other than a few blocked nozzles the printer is going strong.

Valentino, I'm thinking of getting a 1204.. do you have a hard time finding print vinyl and banner material? The 48"/50" width seems hard to find.