• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best UV Flatbed out

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
Wondering what UV Flatbed is working best for people out there. I used the new Roland Flatbed (not the hybrid) at my last shop and the quality was great but it was really slow. Just wondering what is working good for everyone in the 100,000 or less price range.

You should check out the Stratojet USA Flatbed Print and Cut Solutions as well, they have printers for all ranges doing 8-24 boards/hr.. and they also have flatbed cutters, I think should be between 70-100k...

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Just some info on the Minaki JFX200 (I have one)

Ours is setup with LUS-150 ink in the CMYK&W configuration (we do a lot of white printing)

Depending on coverage we get 3-4 boards an hour

We do daily / weekly / monthly maintenance

Printing on your standard materials pvc, coro, acm, foamcore, etc

We also have printed on aluminum, glass, wood, floor tile, dart boards, pool cues, plaque blanks.

We have had the machine for approx 3 years and has been bullet proof (knock on wood!). No problems at all.

It uses screw in pins for material alignment which can be a frustrating from time to time. The pins are just shy of 3mm pvc thickness. So running thinner materials you have to remove them

Good and consistent color, adhesion is good on most materials. Yes you need adhesion promoter on some materials. We’ve found that those materials that are digital grade have good adhesion with. I promoter needed.

We do lamiante some of the prints Mainly those that are outdoor long term or red a bit more protection.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
You should really have a look at Vanguard. We demoed their machine all day and never had to run a purge. The DigiTech machines use the same print heads. Both of these companies are us based.

djhotwheel

Been running a FB500 for 6yrs now. Been a great machine as long as you keep up the maint. Replace wear parts as needed.
We havent changed heads at all yet and still working great. Also most people do not know, the ink vacuum should be replaced about every 4 years.
As for bulbs, run them til they die. You can always add more voltage for curing until they go.