• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best UV Resistance

diamondavenue

I have customer looking to have decals cut in bright (fluorescent) orange. These are going to be put on vehicles. He has had them done in the past, and the vinyl held up he said, but the color faded in 3 months. Anyone have recommendations and what vinyls hold up to uv best?

miltondavis

all the fluorescent vinyls I have seen are not usually rated for longer than 6months to a year in outdoor conditions. I usually convince my customers to choose a standard "bright" colored vinyl for max durability

Malkin

For what it's worth, I have found that the fluorescent foils for the Gerber Edge to be extremely short lived, like 2 months sometimes.
If you HAVE to have fluorescent, then start with that as the base vinyl (as good quality as possible) and print your ink over that.

Malkin

Oops, sorry I must not have read all the way through. I think that Oracal is selling some fluorescent that they rate as up to 2 years. That is the best I have seen, but I've not used it myself yet.