• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best vehicle template software

Vicg

what company makes the best vehicle template software.
im tired of making templates in photo shop id rather save time and just pull a cad drawing.
Thanks

Bigdawg

Just Me
The problem I've run into with templates is that they are all off. Some by just an inch or so - some by much more. It's been my experience you are much better off using measurements and a picture of the vehicle.

Just my thoughts - I've not found one set of templates to be any better than another... they've all had some issues.

modernmav

:goodpost:
IMHO, a camera, tape measure, and the pen tool will make you far more accurate templates than ones you can buy online. This way you can also take into account any after market body parts the car/truck has and anything else that would make it different from a template you purchase for a genaric vehicle.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We looked into being a reseller for the two companies that produce templates. It took only a few templates from each to find enough inaccuracies to conclude that we would be crazy to put our name behind either of them. One set even had different measurements of the same dimension within the same template.

The little bit of time you save isn't worth the mistakes you will produce and have to redo.