• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best vinyl for a sprinter wrap

Drip Dry

I mentioned here that I had 4 sprinters that all the vinyl in the channels lifted after about 2 months
I used Avery from a recommendation.
I have 2 more to do

A couple here said to use 3m... (something), but I can't find the thread.

Does anyone know what it is. It was supposed to work well in the channels.
And also, should I use primer

Thanks

megagraphics

i had the exact same problem.
I ordered 3m controltac and im going to start on the wrap today.
will let you know how it goes.

sam gha

MDGS
I mentioned here that I had 4 sprinters that all the vinyl in the channels lifted after about 2 months
I used Avery from a recommendation.
I have 2 more to do

A couple here said to use 3m... (something), but I can't find the thread.

Does anyone know what it is. It was supposed to work well in the channels.
And also, should I use primer

Thanks

We use Arlon 6000; we did more than 12 van between sprinter an mercedes I don't recomend cut at all we tried it all best way is in this link
https://youtu.be/NcC5RegB-F8

Good luck

Dennis422

It is not the vinyl, it is how it was installed.
If you instal it correctly, any major brand vinyl with stay.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DKgrafix

I would disagree

I think he means any brand of WRAP vinyl will stay. And he's right.

reQ

Would you elaborate why?

Are you saying that one of these wrap cast vinyls will not work on Sprinter?
3M, Avery, Oracal, Arlon, Hexis

Any vinyl will stay on the vehicle. If the deep recess areas pop, vinyl still stays on the vehicle, right?

There is a reason why high volume commercial wrap shops do cut & drop method. Would really like to see Coloradosigns in this topic.

ExecuPrintGS

I agree with this! With the correct techniques and any good wrap vinyl you shouldn't have any problems.
Just need to learn/ practice proper technique.

Dennis422

Any vinyl will stay on the vehicle. If the deep recess areas pop, vinyl still stays on the vehicle, right?

There is a reason why high volume commercial wrap shops do cut & drop method. Would really like to see Coloradosigns in this topic.

OK, let me say it a bit different, so you know what I wanted to say.

"It is not the vinyl, it is how it was installed.
If you instal it correctly, any major brand WRAP vinyl WILL NOT POP."

Cut and drop is more for lesser quality vinyls. You can cut and drop, but why, if you already have high performance wrap vinyls.
Customer is paying you for cast, so you can use it for what it is meant to be used for.

reQ

I don't even want to argue about that. Different people doing it the best way they think it has to be done.

Both methods work well. Never tried hexis, but with the others, it will stay in the grooves. Prime except with oracal, work it into the groove, and post heat. Cutting and dropping is usually the goto method, because it is much faster and easier when doing fleet wraps. There is occasion when because of the van's color or the overall look that cutting and dropping doesn't have the best result so then just work it in. If you do it right, with the correct technique as mentioned before, it will stay. Cutting and dropping always stays though.