• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Vinyl for FlexCut or PerfCut Decals?

daenterpri

What is the best vinyl for FlexCut and PerfCut decals? I'm printing on an HP L26500. I'm cutting on a Summa D140R. We print a lot of calendared vinyl decals. My customers seem to prefer matte and we laminate everything. Trying to find the perfect combo.

So far I've tried:
Arlon 4560GTX (not bad)
Arlon 4560MTX (not bad)
3M IJ35-20 (horrible, the paper backing is too thick)
Oracal 3651 Matte (not bad)

What's your opinion?

Tyler Durden

What is the best vinyl for FlexCut and PerfCut decals? I'm printing on an HP L26500. I'm cutting on a Summa D140R. We print a lot of calendared vinyl decals. My customers seem to prefer matte and we laminate everything. Trying to find the perfect combo.

So far I've tried:
Arlon 4560GTX (not bad)
Arlon 4560MTX (not bad)

What's your opinion?

I am interested in this too, what have you come up with?

MikeD

You should be able to flex-cut most vinyls by adjusting the different variables in pressure and length. Of course fabrics and semi-rigid substrates would be difficult, but any vinyl and liner combo can be flex-cut in my experience.

tulsagraphics

New blades. New blades.

So far I've tried:
Arlon 4560GTX (not bad)
Arlon 4560MTX (not bad)

What's your opinion?

New blades are key. I've tried all the materials you mentioned -- IJ35 being the worse. 4500GTX is okay. 3600 series works fine (and it's cheap). The best material I've used so far (regarding small print/cut/flexcut) is Arlon 6000XRP + 3220 lam. Not sure if that comes in matte (probably does) and it's more expensive than the others you mentioned -- but I like it for small decals.