• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best vinyl to use for bench?

InnovativeSigns

I have a customer that has four benches that needs the seat area redone. It currently has some fermica(spelling) that had been painted with a logo painted on it. The logos need to be changed and the black paint is rubbing off anyways. Do you guys think sanding this down, using acetone to clean it up, painting it, laying a vinyl logo on it, then clearing it with some Krylon clear will hold up to people sitting on it? I have a latex printer, so hopefully that would help it wear for quite a long time on top of having the clear.

I'm new to the forum, so it's really nice to be a member! I've been a lurker for QUITE a while. haha =-p

Forgot to mention that the vinyl I was planning on using is 3M IJ35C.

Post pics if you can. Is this a bench made from two formed concrete ends with lumber bolted to the seat and the panels you speak of bolted to the back? We've used calendered media with calendered laminate for these things applied to 1/4 ACM and wrapped the vinyl around to the back side, but there are always better options. It sounds like you want to do a lot of work to the existing panels just to put a cheap calendered graphic over it, when simply replacing the entire panel with a new ACM panel and graphic is probably the easiest and most economical choice.

EDIT: Oh, you mean literally the seat? What's on the backs, or why do they not put advertising on the backs? I would definitely like to see some pics to see exactly what you're referring to.

InnovativeSigns

Here's a picture of one of the benches. There is no back to it. This is a bench kind of like you would see around a shoe area to sit on. It has a wood seat that is attached from underneath. The top seems to be formica on top of the wood, but it's hard to tell either way. I don't have a flatbed printer or else I'd just print right to the board.

Attachments

• Carhartt bench.jpg
    Carhartt bench.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 165