• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Vinyl to use on a painted cinder block wall

hokiegrad09

Hey Everybody, I have a customer that wants to wrap around the top of his locker room. I've never tried to adhere vinyl to painted cinder block so I am, not sure how it would turn out (the cinder block being textured an all). Somebody suggested that I use 3M cast car wrap instead of the normal adhesive vinyl I use on windows. What do you guys think? Thanks

bikecomedy

3M IJ8624 Textured Surfaces Film

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btXc1cMCAdo" target="_blank">[video=youtube;btXc1cMCAdo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btXc1cMCAdo[/video]

3M IJ8624 Textured Surfaces Film

One video I watched said to test because some might not hold to the unknown paint.

Looking forward to the forum replies here.

yahhoo123

indoor cinder block vinyls

regular high performance.....3" DRY roller and a heat gun! (careful not to roast the roller!)
I would only use wrap vinyl if you want it printed and laminated. high performance of course!
I worked in the movies 20 years and we did all kinds of whacky surfaces.
Here's a great trick to use on straw mats, brick, lino. fake inlay, cinder block, "chairbacks" (canvas), burlap and even carpet.
first heat gun down the high perf. vinyl with a dry roller and heat gun 2. apply 2 coats of Benjamin moore or equiv. Matte "stays clear" (clear polyeurathane water based) remember to let it dry between coats...this will seal your stencil and textile from "bleeding". then apply your (preferably latex paint) flat. remove your vinyl stencil just after it is dry enough.....if you wait overnight you will regret it...very easy...you can even airbrush etc. and add a gloss coat.
practice the method first on a test sample.

hokiegrad09

Wow that Textured Surfaces Film looks awesome. I will have to research it and see if its within mu customers budget. If not I was thinking, high performance vinyl, heat gun and a roller. I will of course test it out on one section first. Thanks guys