• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best wall vinyl for use in medical facility?

sinclairgraphics1

Sinclair Graphics & Installations
I'm working on a big project for a medical facility that will have very large wall murals throughout the whole building. They have railings around all the walls to protect form wheel chairs and carts, etc. I've used Avery 2611 on several projects but not one this large, so just wondering if this would be a good film for an application like this. Also, I've been told by my supplier it does not need to be laminated and actually adheres to the wall better without it. Can anyone verify this or provide info on a film best suited for this type of environment?

TheSnowman

I don't know if there's any rules as far as materials that you can use, but we've used the PhotoTex Hi-Tack stuff, and it holds well, installs nice, and seems to be fairly affordable.

frojasferrari

We print with the l260, so latex inks too, and have really nice results for this kind of application with the hp pvc free, we print a lot of phototex too, but for medical-schools or kids related spaces, we prefer using the pvc free from HP.

sinclairgraphics1

Sinclair Graphics & Installations
We print with the l260, so latex inks too, and have really nice results for this kind of application with the hp pvc free, we print a lot of phototex too, but for medical-schools or kids related spaces, we prefer using the pvc free from HP.
Gotcha, what is the part number of that material? I'm not familiar with that particular HP film. I've used the phototex before when it first came out and it worked pretty well but didn't care for the texture on it.

J Hill Designs

I'm working on a big project for a medical facility that will have very large wall murals throughout the whole building. They have railings around all the walls to protect form wheel chairs and carts, etc. I've used Avery 2611 on several projects but not one this large, so just wondering if this would be a good film for an application like this. Also, I've been told by my supplier it does not need to be laminated and actually adheres to the wall better without it. Can anyone verify this or provide info on a film best suited for this type of environment?

why would someone dislike this post? people are so fickle, I swear.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I've mis-clicked on my phone a few times...

Does your state have special requirements for fire rating... in California, we have OSHPD. They can be fickle about fire rating and percentages of materials on the wall...

CanuckSigns

I've mis-clicked on my phone a few times...

Does your state have special requirements for fire rating... in California, we have OSHPD. They can be fickle about fire rating and percentages of materials on the wall...

Most vinyl I've come across is self extinguishing.

Jimsee

Is this PVC free product from HP an adhesive backed material or is it a glue pasted material that needs water to activate?
Many installer hesitate to work with pre-pasted wall paper material.

CanuckSigns

we were told we cant use phototex or other fabric based products in a hospital because it can't be properly cleaned, they need something they can wipe with a disinfectant.

Avery 2611 fits the bill, I have a 4'x55' graphic up in a hospital hallway now for close to 3 years, full bleed print right to the edge. It's still up and every time I go there I peel it back a bit and it always sticks right back down.