• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Wallpaper Material?

prosigner

Hey everyone,

We have been doing some wallpaper prints on MuralTex Removeable Fabric but we are looking at a more regular wallpaper media.

Is HP PVC Free Wallpaper the way to go? Or Dreamscape? We have a Roland XR-640 to print on.

Which do you guys prefer?

Heard the installation of HP is very easy!

Thanks in advance,

prosigner

The HP PVC Free Wallpaper product is very easy to install, as well as de-install. Getting the media wet in each case causes the adhesive to activate / release. The only problem is that it is a latex ink only media, and does not contain the top coating needed to be printed with eco-solvent inks, such as the ones in your Roland printer. In your case, I would suggest Korographics or similar manufacturer. There are a number of solvent ink compatible wallpaper products out on the market.

Bly

We've done a bit on Dreamscape wallpaper.
It prints nicely with eco sol inks and is a quality product but it's not cheap.

Andrew O

Merchant Member
It may not be suited if you are looking for a paper product, but Roland WallFlair Fabric (http://rolanddga.com/products/media/detail.aspx?id=168) has achieved the highest level of Greenguard certification from UL when printed with the EcoSol MAX2 inks in your XR-640, or EcoSol MAX. Many schools, hospitals, and municipal buildings are starting to look for certifications on decorative finishes in addition to their paint, flooring, etc.

prosigner

Thanks for the advice guys. Too bad on the HP PVC-Free wallpaper.

We are looking into Korographics now. Also we initially wanted Wall Flair but our supplier carries Rite-Media MuralTex so we have been using that. However, Wall Flair is actually less expensive, so we might have to look into that because we are looking at potentially doing some commercial application. I wonder how the quality is on the MuralTex vs Wall Flair.

Dreamscape looks pretty cheap compared to Wall Flair and MuralTex, lower quality?

MikePro

Ultraflex Dreamscapes is my favorite.
you can get a good deal if you ask for larger rolls to be shipped from manufacturer... PITA is that, my mimaki jv3 (or most printers, for this matter) won't hold a 300ft roll of wallpaper. stuff is thick.
so I basically get 4 rolls of 150' for the price of 3, when I order two of these 300ft rolls, and then just have to load it onto my laminator and spool it to two seperate rolls by hand.

prosigner

Is DreamScape as high a quality of wallpaper as Rite-Media MuralTex or Roland Wallflair? We have a potential big job coming up for commercial grade and are looking for the highest quality media we can find.

prosigner

Thanks for the reply miker. :)

We ordered some DreamScape and Korographics samples, looking forward to checking them out!

prosigner

Sorry another questions for the experts!

We now noticed that there are some wallpapers with precoating and only require water to release the adhesive.

Do Dreamscape and Korographics have these types of precoatings?

We're specifically looking for this type of media. Thanks