Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to attach 20x25ft sign to metal building

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by SignEx, Sep 2, 2020.

1. SignEx

SignEx Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Monett, MO
    I have a local company that wants to put their logo on a metal building, overall size is 20ft x 25 ft, Not sure how would be best method to do this, paint direct to building, one large sign with multiple panels, any input would be appreciated, thanks

Tags:
  2. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    If it's corrugated, I'd opt for a panel of sorts. Probably just print on dibond. I'd also give them an option for HDU painted, but still mounted to some panels.

3. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Panel it and fasten to building with painted sheet metal screws. It will look fine. You can get 5x10 ACM to do it

20191206_131456.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. MikePatterson

MikePatterson Head bathroom cleaner.

Several options available. ACP Sheets directly screwed to building or mounted to a fabricated frame.
    Lind Sign Frame and large banner.

5. DaveD

DaveD Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Bellingham, WA
    I like ACM (Dibond) with a French cleat. Once the cleat is installed you just lift and set the panels. secure the panels once in place.

Attached Files:

6. karst41

karst41 Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Better check with City & County Codes.
    These may or may not be permitted.

7. John Miller

John Miller Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Branford, Connecticut
    Weld up an aluminum frame with vertical & horizontal ribs where panels but together. Mount ACP to the frame with pop rivets.
    Attach two horizontal french cleats to the building and two to your sign one near the top, one near the bottom. Lift the sign and drop it onto the french cleats. Be sure the sign is mechanically fastened to the building. I agree with Karst41, check zoning. Don't be shy on pricing

• Like Like x 1
  8. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    We've done them in sections on 1"x1" aluminum tube frame (with the corners & Ts that screw or pop rivet). For getting it on the building it can be assembled on site and lifted in one piece
    or installed in sections. Depending on the design it may require some "touch-up" if graphics don't align perfectly. We usually use shoes screwed to the high point of ribs, and lots of them. We often add a raised aluminum border made with .040.