• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best way to connect Graphtec 4100-130

Dezigner74

Can anyone help? I just purchased a used plotter The Graphtec cutting pro FC4100-130. I'm having no luck in connecting it to my computer and getting it to run.
What is the best way to connect this plotter to my computer? Ie. software, cable and computer?
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks

Dezigner74

I've got the 25 pin to usb cable, which is connected to my mac (ver. 10.6.8).
Downloaded the Graphtec cutting master Ver2. But still my computer does not show connection to plotter.

bannertime

What type of cable is it? I've not seen one that goes directly from 25pin to USB. Also, there has to be an adapter/driver to create a COM port for those plotters. Or you need some way to see if the Mac is picking up the plotter. It's been awhile I've run a Mac in depth, so I won't be able to help with figuring out how to find your drivers, ports, or attached devices.

bannertime

That cable is too long, if that is truly 25'. 8' or less.

If you're stating that as an opinion, sure, 8' is probably far enough. However, you can actually go nearly 50' with a good serial cable. OP doesn't have to purchase the 25' option, it's just was pulled up when the link was copied.

Joe House

You'll need a USB to serial adapter - this will give you a serial port. Then you'll also need a Graphtec 9 pint to 25 pin serial cable. With serial port connections, you don't need a driver for the plotter, you just need to know the correct serial port settings - and they need to match on the plotter, in the OS and in the software. I've not done this on a Mac, so I can't really tell you the specifics of how to set it up there. I think (from a distant memory that it should be set to 9600, 8, n, 1, hardware - but it has been a long time, that could be wrong.

Dezigner74

Thank you all for the help, I've given up on connecting to the mac. Just need to get my hands on a pc and see if that works.

I will take into account what you guys have suggested and I will keep you posted.

I know I can make it happen, i bought the plotter recently and it's in great shape. I'm able to do a test cut from plotter and it cuts.

Thanks!

iamamiracle2010

You'll need a USB to serial adapter - this will give you a serial port. Then you'll also need a Graphtec 9 pint to 25 pin serial cable. With serial port connections, you don't need a driver for the plotter, you just need to know the correct serial port settings - and they need to match on the plotter, in the OS and in the software. I've not done this on a Mac, so I can't really tell you the specifics of how to set it up there. I think (from a distant memory that it should be set to 9600, 8, n, 1, hardware - but it has been a long time, that could be wrong.
I have the fc4100-75- and am completelu new to this , we are trying to figure out what software to put on a windows 7 to run machine. All the software we had was for a mac and I dont have one anymore. Any help on where to start

Dezigner74

Hi everyone, so i managed yo get a pc with windows 7. I downloaded winpcsign demo to see if i can get the plotter up and running. When i send file to cutter it cuts very small ramdom numbers and letters but not what i've created. I had a winpcsign tech check my settings all good. What could it be? Cable is not the original. i'm using a 9-25 pin serial cable. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!