• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Best Way to do a Float Mount

Renato Pinto

Graphics Manager
We have a customer that is wanting multiple walls inside their building to have signs that are mounted with standoffs and float mounts.

I was hoping for some insight on how some of you mount these.

We usually stick 6" by 6" 1/2" thick foamboard evenly on the back of the alupanel signs. After that, we use VHB tape to stick the back of the foamboard to a mountin bracket then mount it to the wall. The only reason we do it this way is because they want to do minimum damage to the wall and be able to switch out artwork as needed.

Our biggest concern is the double sided tape not being able to hold up these signs long term.

Thanks for all your help!

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
We make cleats from pvc. We have various thickness make up (3mm, 6mm, etc)

We adhere the cleats and spacers to the back of the sign. Add a couple of small pieces of tape to the part of the clear that goes on the wall.

Installation
Tape the cleat together (just enough to hold together), remove small tabs, measure/level, tack clear to wall, pull sign down (tape releases), screw cleat to wall or mark holes then install cleat, hang sign.