• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best way to get a black/white image in CJV30

wroots

Hi,

I try to print a b/w image for a client in canvas but the result was a dark green/blue color.
I change in Rasterlink Pro4 from ICC profile to Grey image, return a little bit darker but still very far from b/w image that i was looking.
The client send the photoshop file in Grayscale.

Anyone have a tip how to print good b/w images?

Inks: SS21
Mimaki Model: CJV30-160
RIP Soft: Rasterlink Pro4
Media: Canvas

Best Regards,
Wroots

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I gave up on greyscale on our Roland. Lighter greys have a green cast and darker greys have a red cast.

You might play around with your rendering intents in your rip software.

Best of luck.

iSign

no expert here, but I would open in photoshop, & change mode back to RGB (or CMYK) and then I would try adjusting color, by adding red &7 reducing blue & green. I would usually try 2 or 3 new file tests, keeping track of what adjustments I made, but only printing small tests. If the original image looked good (greyscale) on the screen, but blue in the print, I would expect that an image that looked too warm (or reddish brown instead of black and grey) might actually work out.

oh yeah, don't forget to take prints out in the sun!
a canvas print is probably an indoor product, but it's a good reminder to see your colors in the sun. my shop has flourescent lighting & the colors are way different in the sun.

Rojo

I have a CJV30. I just finished running some historical photos for a local business. The black & white photos had been scanned in RGB format. I opened the digital files in Corel Draw, went to Effects-Adjust-Desaturate. Some I lightened up after that. Printed them through RL4 on Oracal 3651 & 3165RA. Came out awesome. When I tried choosing Greyscale in the rip they came out with a blue/green tint.

Printing grayscale images well is probably the most demanding type of job for in large-format printing. There are many reasons for this, but suffice to say that it will expose more flaws in your color configurations than any other type of printing.

Most RIPs will have a setting that permits CMYK files to print with no color correction being applied. In this manner, grays are printed using only K ink, and not CMY. While the output is likely to look grainier than it otherwise might, it should not show any of the non-neutral grays that are commonly seen in gray output.

Bob