• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

best way to mount on existing structure

cha88

i have a customer moving into a new building... they want me to add a sign onto the existing sign...( add "green" ) can anybody help me identify this "stainless steel" kit that is pre existing and what do you think my best bet is to hang this thing?

Attachments

• signpic.jpg
    signpic.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 136

killwill

i have a customer moving into a new building... they want me to add a sign onto the existing sign...( add "green" ) can anybody help me identify this "stainless steel" kit that is pre existing and what do you think my best bet is to hang this thing?
What size and what material will your panel be?

Mosh

Is the post rated for all the extra wind load?
I would weld on some brackets and bolt it onto that....
BTW, is the sign already leaning or is it just me... I think I would pass.

cha88

Looking like I would use a 6mm dibond? The sign is a steel box beam inside this stainless shell and is cemented in the ground legit...I don't think it would have any problems holding it...mostly looking for info on the stainless shell and what the best bracket would be?

cha88

The Stainless part is just a aesthetic shell...Does anyone know who makes this? No I will not be mounting to the shell? Do you feel the dibond will hold its own ?

Attachments

• image-2674970298.jpg
    image-2674970298.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 120

2B

no never seen this type shell,

because dibond is a light material it will swing and if it is swinging the dibond will fail where it is rubbng unless a frame is made and mounted to that

Will dibond withstand the outside? yes you are fine there

carter75

A semi-simple way would be to hang a couple eyelets and use an s-hook through the sign, clinching it after it is put through to prevent it from falling off. You would somehow need to reinforce the holes in the sign if you used dibond because the s-hooks would wear right through it. Not sure how aesthetically pleasing the customer wants it, but this would also allow it to move with the wind a little bit.

visual800

first off if you have never drilled thru stainless...IT SUCKS! BUT if I had to i would make a aluminum frame and mount panels on both sides. I would drill a bolt thru the aluminum and then the stainless and attach with lock nuts at top and on side just drill large self drilling screws into sides.

hint: go buy all new bits LOL

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Yep...stainless is a pain to drill through. Get a nice new set of new cobalt bits to drill through the stainless and use some oil. On the steel support, I would use a titanium bit.

The stainless steel pole cover isn't a kit. Someone brake-formed it to fit over the steel support.

Have you considered offering the customer a new stainless base cover (since someone dented that one up nicely) and a couple of bollards? That stainless is pricey - seems like they would want to protect it.

I assume you'll be applying for the permit, so it'll probably be addressed - but you might want to check the sign ordinance and make sure you meet any minimum clearance requirements. Some areas get pretty strict with signs over areas with vehicular access.