• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Best way to paint gewlite trim cap?

visual800

ok, understood.

the next time this happens, when a customer requires a PMS match for jewelite, you show them the swatch of available colors and tell them to make a choice. Those swatches are their only choice. Jewelite was not made to be painted IMO. I would slowly back out of this situation you are in and tell them you messed up and this product cannot be painted

Now for your dilemma on painting, good luck sir. I would say rattlecan krylon but dont know if that would match your PMS. if I were forced to paint some I would use auto paints, plastic primer with light clearcoat. What you have chosen to do is simply not feasible

visual800

we paint it all the time due to corporate needing the colours to match, and have found that its best to paint when its already attached to the faces we just mask the face off first, sand the trim then paint with Mathews Sign Paint and have never had a problem with it

I have to say I am impressed and I stand corrected. I would never have imagined Mathews adhering to vinyl. Is it a task to paint trim cap once its on? I would assume the charge to do this is pretty damn high. What is the longest this has lasted outside? Do you prime at all? Just asking

Robbie Moore

we paint it all the time due to corporate needing the colours to match, and have found that its best to paint when its already attached to the faces we just mask the face off first, sand the trim then paint with Mathews Sign Paint and have never had a problem with it
Thank you. I talked to Mathews they suggest the flex additive. We will give this a shot.

Bradley D

www.jigsign.com
Sorry to jump in but will the flex additive work to paint perforated vinyl? I'm trying to figure out how to paint a white perforated vinyl a pantone color and then apply it over the face of the sign.