• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best way to remove vinyl from semi trailers that is 7 years old?

WhatsYourSign?

I'm well aware it will not be an easy job no matter what we do but I'm charging hourly for the service so I'm okay with that.

However, does anybody have any recommendations for ways to speed up the removal of some very old vinyl on a semi--trailer full wrap?

Any guess as to how long it will take on a 35' trailer?

Thanks in advance!

Billct2

This has been discussed many times, seems like a wall paper steamer gets suggested a lot, as does removal wheel and pressure washers.

westcoast local

The pod steamer it’s like $250 but worth it for in the long run for many other things also it comes with a couple sponge head attachments and works well one person steaming one person scraping or pulling works great for emblem removal and reglossing out lightly scratched vinyl and also surface prep on vehicles it comes with some cool tip adaptors one I especially like for getting under rubber window trim that’s getting vinyl tucked under it, don’t know what to recommend on over primered rivits except maximum effort and patients

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
torch > steamer

5 times faster to use torch. a square foot of vinyl took me 1 hour with a steamer and it took 10 minutes with torch.
Vinyl was cracked and old.
I have tried a few times. Same results. Im done with steamer. Same with IR heater. Takes forever. Torch is faster and softens the vinyl a million times better.