• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Website To Find Vector Clip Art

Merlin

cvele said:
Thanks, hope you're happy with our images :)
Thanks for referral :thumb:
Those are some mighty fine art, ya got there. Would look good on our golf carts. Will be getting back to you. Do members get any kind of discount?:Welcome: :cool1:

cvele

Merlin said:
Those are some mighty fine art, ya got there. Would look good on our golf carts. Will be getting back to you. Do members get any kind of discount?:Welcome: :cool1:

Thankie :) Hard to implement discounts due to third party payment processors and hard-to-change shopping cart script but can always give free images for signs101 members, just shoot me an email or pm here after an order and I'll give you free one for every 4 images ordered. How does this sound? :)

Also, always interested in trading clipart with other clipart producers. For personal use, not for resale, of course.

Merlin

That sounds good to me. Thank you very much. We will be getting back to you. My wife does alot of our design work and will probably be getting back to you. Thanks again.:cool1:

Merlin

Whit said:
Then again,,,,,
in about the same time it takes to find
what you're looking for,,, build a new piece !!!
With just simple markers,,, you can build
custom pieces with no copyright issues
and can offer your customer more in turn !!!
Even newspaper pictures are clipart sources !!!
Just a thought !!!
Whit! You keep using Spanky for your avitar and they are going to get you for child exploytation and copy rite infringment.:Cool 2: :thumb:

fred that is a great idea and i am surprised to hear that it was rejected. i think it may be worth taking a poll to see what the demand of such a service would be and if the return would warrant the investment. i have thousands of dollars invested in clipart collections and have used them very rarely simply because i can create a custom piece almost as fast (sometimes faster) as the time it takes to find what i am looking for.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
fred that is a great idea and i am surprised to hear that it was rejected. i think it may be worth taking a poll to see what the demand of such a service would be and if the return would warrant the investment. i have thousands of dollars invested in clipart collections and have used them very rarely simply because i can create a custom piece almost as fast (sometimes faster) as the time it takes to find what i am looking for.

I agree Dan but it will never happen. What will happen is that the idea of using a search engine across many collections will be effectively presented by sites such as my ExpressClipart.com. It just takes a realization that it's far cheaper to buy what you need when you need it and be able to find it quickly at a higher per image price than a CD or DVD collection.

From a publisher's point of view, piracy will always be an issue as long as we continue to put hundreds or even thousands of files on one easy to copy disc. The old chestnut about leaving the fox to guard the hen house comes to mind. Selling individual images almost eliminates the issue and, at the same time, is genuinely better for most art buyers.

i think the answer to it would be to have a login site where you can not view any of the material without a username and password, of course you will see some ppl pass those along but i would imagine that on the backend you could identify at least some of the abuse and deal with it accordingly. this would keep people from saving the images and tracing them or whatever...but if i know anything i know that you know your business well and that i am preaching to the choir. just sad to see such a great idea that would be so beneficial to those who use the products dismissed so easily, i really think with some creative thinking a solution could be found to minimize the piracy issue through a combination of methods....

i have come to the conclusion that there is a element of people that are dedicated to stealing, i try to make it as hard as possible to keep them from doing so but i believe that the majority of people are good and hopefully those people will outnumber those that are out to take advantage of what the rest of us have paid for...i would rather invest my time, energy, and money into new products and services versus theft prevention it is a reality regardless and is understandable.