• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best wrap advice I can give...

JoshLoring

Educate your clients.
We are VERY up front with our clients about one thing and it probobly has helped us very much in having long term wraps.
Here it is..
Stress to your clients how important it is to wash AND DRY their wraps weekly. We tell them.. If it fades, peels, falls off.. Etc etc we will fix it. BUT... If you do not wash your vehicle wrap and it stains.. You void all warranty.. STRESS THIS TO THEM. People are lazy and some think that once a month is ok. It's not.

They get the point right away.

Plus.. A washed wrap helps EVERYTHING from UV to lifting and removal later down the line. Dried up unwashed vehicle wraps are bad.. You should all know by now.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Good post! We also tell them they need to wax it with a synthetic wax preferrably 2 to 3 times a year but at a minimum at least once a year. That also adds greatly to the life of the material with increased UV resistance, keeps the wrap looking much better and also greatly helps keep the (laminated) perf in it's best condition for viewing out.

HulkSmash

Good post! We also tell them they need to wax it with a synthetic wax preferrably 2 to 3 times a year but at a minimum at least once a year. That also adds greatly to the life of the material with increased UV resistance, keeps the wrap looking much better and also greatly helps keep the (laminated) perf in it's best condition for viewing out.

this. Here in colorado during the winter there is tons of salt on the road. I tell them wash their car down when they get home every day in the winter to get the salt off. Also we strongly encourage them to use synthetic wax.

JoshLoring

Yes. One every 3 months. I tell them to use synthetic polymer. Works very good.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:rolleyes: We usually tell them to keep their wraps in the garage and to use their personal cars for everything. Keeping a wrap in the garage will make it last for almost a decade without any failures.​

Honestly, we tell them to have the vehicle squeaky clean when it gets here and then we'll give it a final washing before working on it..... and then we tell them verbally when they pick it up.... and have a small paper for care and maintenance of taking care of it.

The part about washing does outline the necessity of frequent washes, but we also caution them not to use car washes or high pressure types so as not to do any unnecessary damage in that fashion.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps

Favorite synthetic polymer wax brand?