• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Wrap Training/Seminars - Thoughts?

I've been doing a lot more wrap jobs and I would like to get some professional training to learn how to better wrap vehicles and what not. Any thoughts or experience with different schools or seminars? There are so many out there I want to do some research.

Sparky

Anyone have experience with training from Fellers, or one of there certified trainers?

You will get a bunch of mixed reviews from the folks here, but I attended the fellers training down in Tulsa (almost 3 years ago) and was looking for hints and tips on what I was doing, and how I can improve on my install. I had some success in that, and met some cool people.

So now I am "Fellers Certified"....:notworthy:

BTW - I am just down the road from you in Topeka. Could work some training out if you want.

"Deposit Please"

Sparky, have you received any wrap work from fellers wrap provider site since you got fellers certified 3 years ago ??? Interested to know. thanks

GypsyGraphics

Oracal does a two day wrap certification. I think they'll fly anywhere in the US, if you you have a minimum of 10 people interested.

Kwiksigns

wookie
Fellers is kind of absurd about their certification. My dad did it so he could help on wraps and get the so called "work" they send... we get jobs sent to us... never have we done one of them. They are either too far away and not very many.

I don't even think they have the certification anymore... Everyone behind it has left. And if you don't buy your supplies from them, they "take away" your certification....

yeah...

Sparky

Sparky, have you received any wrap work from fellers wrap provider site since you got fellers certified 3 years ago ??? Interested to know. thanks

I get maybe 1 or 2 a month, but have yet to get one of those to come in the door. My biggest benefit to Fellers Certification is the free updates to the Bad Wrap. Oh but there has been one update since the class...so....

Oddly, I got a call from my Fellers rep asking me to fax an invoice from my current supplier so that they can see if they can match the price. Over the phone, I have been told they can't, so I am not sure why I need to send that along.

Sorry to take this off topic. The bottom line is that you will get out of it what you want if you ask the right questions and manage to get some 1 on 1 time. That is true for any seminar, training, etc.

alaskaprinter

training with a pro

I don't know if anyone know's him, but Justin Pate has an awesome class. I went to it about six months ago. It has changed the whole way I look at a vehicle. I completely recommend anyone who wants to learn a more effective way to wrap go to his class. He has his own web site at justinpate.com and has a class schedule on it.

Thanks for the info everyone, GypsyGraphics I'll ask my Oracal dealer about the class, they usually will put stuff like that together and host it for their customers so I will ask them if they can look into getting one together.

Thanks for the info everyone, GypsyGraphics I'll ask my Oracal dealer about the class, they usually will put stuff like that together and host it for their customers so I will ask them if they can look into getting one together.

fmg

Thanks for the info everyone, Gypsy Graphics I'll ask my Oracal dealer about the class, they usually will put stuff like that together and host it for their customers so I will ask them if they can look into getting one together.
I took the Oracal course two years ago.
The host's were Nepco out of Rhode Island who made one feel like a part of their family. Wade, Dean and Brian from Oracal were top class and really were hands on.They taught what they could in two days which was ample. The rest is up to you the individual.
They won't teach about printing, laminating or there such but they will give you a basic introduction into wrapping. What's good about these courses is that you might realize mistakes that you have been making prior to attending a course and why and how you were going wrong.
Summed up it was a great weekend and had lots of fun and walked away feeling much more confident when tackling vehicle wraps.
Hope this helps.

emeraldImages

I've been to alot of different classes over the years. the best I've seen is the one that Sean does @ Lowen. your working on a HHR the most complex auto there is. if you go to lowen certifed you will see me under the reviews. I don't see it being worth the time to go threw fellers since you only get work from them compaired to if you go to lowen which is a 3M school you can get jobs sent to you from them. I'd rather be backed by 3M then my supplier. Just my 2 cents

cartoad

We went thru the Fellers class and got "certified" a couple of years ago, learned a lot from Sean, and the other guys there. It is my understanding that they don't do the class anymore, but do certify new ones. We get a few referals, and lately boats, but I have no interest in doing a boat, nor have I done one so I have passed on those. I have had several companies contact me to do some other installs that we have done. But most of the inquires are from too far away to be practical for us to handle.

LowenCertified

.....if we may be of any assistance, please let Sean or me know, or go to: www.lowencertified.com to review our training class information. The training prepares you for both your Lowen Certification and your 3M Preferred Graphics Installers designation testing.
Thanks,
Dennis

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I get maybe 1 or 2 a month, but have yet to get one of those to come in the door. My biggest benefit to Fellers Certification is the free updates to the Bad Wrap. Oh but there has been one update since the class...so....

Oddly, I got a call from my Fellers rep asking me to fax an invoice from my current supplier so that they can see if they can match the price. Over the phone, I have been told they can't, so I am not sure why I need to send that along.

Sorry to take this off topic. The bottom line is that you will get out of it what you want if you ask the right questions and manage to get some 1 on 1 time. That is true for any seminar, training, etc.

That IS odd..since one of the requirements of being Fellers Certified is that you order your materials from them...if I recall correctly. Maybe it was different then.

Dan Antonelli

It's interesting that it only takes two days to get 'certified' to wrap vehicles.

It's taken me 20 years to get 'certified' to design em.

Although to be honest, the more guys buying a printer and getting 'certified' in two days and then designing their own stuff and putting it on the road, the more work we get - so I probably shouldn't knock it!

fmg

It's interesting that it only takes two days to get 'certified' to wrap vehicles.
Which goes to prove that the certification is about as worth as much as the paper it is printed on.The back up and support from the facility that issued it, is what is worth having. Oracal has not once provided me with any of the above mentioned.Go figure.