• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bevel in corel. help

signpainter51

I was bragging about how I could now do bevel in corel and I went to export in eps and pdf forms and the bevel jumps off. I tried to export in jpg and it was blurry. What am I doing wrong? Am I suppose to do something before I export the design to my roland? Help

Columbia Signs

You can try breaking it apart (ctrl k) to see if that helps, but I have never been able to get a good bevel in Corel. The resolution always seems weird.

customquint

I had a bunch of problems with Corels bevel, trying to export & save and print, I learned a few tricks.

FYI: The bevel effect in corel is generating a bitmap for the effect, it is not a vector.
Try converting the effect into a bitmap before exporting.

Or try breaking apart the bevel.

The trick that solved all my problems is:
Buy Alein Skin Eye Candy special effects collection, their bevel tool is greeaattt!
You will never use Corels bevel again. You can do so many cool effects with this.

jiarby

effects like drop shadows, raised emboss, and bevels are bitmap effects. Corel is a vector program. I have never liked the bevel in Corel, used to use the emboss & bevel in Fireworks when doing web stuff alot.

Goatboy

Theres a vector bevel on the last tab of the extrude docker. If you want a better bevel after you break apart go to TOOLS>OPTIONS>WORKSPACE>GENERAL and you can redefine your resolution there. Drop shadows are no longer bitmaps even after you break them apart. They are now a rectangle with a transperancy lens. Most have mixed reviews but I like it. Break a drop shadow apart then hit the interactive gradient tool for some cool effects.

R08

As already stated the bevel in CorelDraw is quirky at best. I use the one in photopaint or filter forge.. way better.. but of course those are not vectors.

Flame

Try this. Bevel, break apart, quick trace... then clean up the edges. You'll end up with a vector bevel.

But no doubt, breaking apart the bevel will help too.