• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Beveled fonts

iSign

what are you using it for? a paying job? ..and that's it? ..it will never be used again?
Just charge it to your customer... (or draw it yourself... or add a bevel in your design software)

SignosaurusRex

Free? No such thing as "Free" worth screwing around with. There are plenty of very nice affordable fonts.....including beveled fonts, out there for the choosing. Buy it and bill the $20 - $30 bucks to the project.

Dave Drane

Free? No such thing as "Free" worth screwing around with. There are plenty of very nice affordable fonts.....including beveled fonts, out there for the choosing. Buy it and bill the $20 - $30 bucks to the project.

+1...Or if you have the skill then hand paint it!

hatmanok

Thanks anyway, I'm glad it wasn't real important. I'm sorry if I bothered some of you sign Gods with my wants.

Vinylman

Some sage advise for the Original Poster to ponder!

Thanks anyway, I'm glad it wasn't real important. I'm sorry if I bothered some of you sign Gods with my wants.

Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but your attitude SUCKS BIG TIME.

May be your request is taking a track similar to your attempt at being a sign Professional.

Or was this "request" like your approach to the sign industry, "glad it wasn't real important."
Why the heck because someone didn't give you what you wanted, but rather what you needed, You respond with a smart ass remark?

Is it because your attitude of entitlement won't allow you to receive GOOD advise and responses that can help you , instead of just placating your selfish "I want something for free" {I don't care if I ever get any better than my current position unless some ELSE "gives" it to me?] approach to life.

Get over yourself grass hopper. In order to "get" you must give.

Perhaps you might enlighten those of us that are just slightly below the "you sign Gods",position on this board, how we "SHOULD HAVE" responded to your plea.

It will be enlightening to hear your lucid and instructive remarks.

Dave Drane

Hold on guys - he's probably making a sign to give a customer for FREE.

Or to undercut his competitor!
If he had hand painted it for a "one off" it would look much better anyway. You get the chance to mix 4 colors of the same hue and blend them and highlight the center line in white?? What a goose!!

hatmanok

Thanks Pat,
I just wanted to get a complete sample of beveled letters to see how they were created. I want to do my own but wanted to see examples of them.

I do some free work, for Churches and Civic groups. Thank you for noticing.
I don't have to undercut my competition because I don't try to be the most expensive, just the best.

Yes, Stupid should hurt! Take a hint!

SignosaurusRex

....I just wanted to get a complete sample of beveled letters to see how they were created. I want to do my own but wanted to see examples of them.

If that's what you REALLY wanted, Why didn't you just say so right out of the starting gate?
What you asked for instead was a FREE font, because you hate to pay for a one time use.

...I do some free work, for Churches and Civic groups.

How does "one time use" figure in?

....I don't try to be the most expensive, just the best.

That would require you to be a Professional. Start with acting like one first.

My initial response was not meant to offend you, but rather simple and sound advice. Your response tends to make me think twice about whether or not I care to be of any help to you in the future.

hatmanok

Don't sweat it, from what I see on here you aren't much help to anyone. You just feel better about yourself when you can degrade and put others down. And if being a PROFESSIONAL is being like you, PLEASE count me out.