Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bevelers....Which one????

Discussion in 'Dimensional Signs' started by All Signs Inc., Nov 19, 2009.

1. All Signs Inc.

All Signs Inc. Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I have purchased a laser engraver and now I'm looking for a beveling machine. Can anyone recommend one??? Anything in particular I should be looking for???

Thanks,

Tags:
  2. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
  3. V-ENGRAVE

V-ENGRAVE Member

Go for Quality 1.

Google Q1 engravers dot com.

4. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    he just wants a beveler!

5. All Signs Inc.

All Signs Inc. Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Well I've heard of both of these bevelers. They say the Scott is OK but and kinda of a entry level machine. The Q1 is about twice as much money but is the real deal. Just what I've heard.

6. V-ENGRAVE

V-ENGRAVE Member

7. Air Art Girl

Air Art Girl Very Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
  8. All Signs Inc.

All Signs Inc. Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I just purchased a QE1 from Quality. It should be here next week sometime. I figured better get the good one and not worry about it breaking down.

Thanks for the insite.

9. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    Take your laser about 3/8" out of focus and it'll bevel it for you. Need to crank up the power a little, since the spot size is bigger. It won't give you a 45, but it'll give you about the same as if you were using a profile cutter on the rotary engravers.

10. All Signs Inc.

All Signs Inc. Member

Jan 12, 2009
    That's good to know. I appreciate it. I'll give it a try.

Thanks,

11. CES020

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    It works well on machines that have a programmable Z. You can change the focus level by color, so it's a piece of cake to do. Just engrave in focus in one color, then assign a different Z height to the vector color and you're done.

12. V-ENGRAVE

V-ENGRAVE Member

Going that far out of focus would require high power and slow speed and possibly more than one pass.
    What I do is pre-cut plates on rotary with desired cutter angle. For this process I have two cutters, one with 38-40 angle and another 45. Doing it this way speeds up jobs cos while laser is marking one batch I can prepare next set of blanks and apply 3M 467 on them. BTW, cuts are not all the way through so blanks stay joined for easy loading/unloading in laser.

13. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    that's ridiculous

we vector cut the plates with the laser then feed through the beveler. I do not have a rotary or I would probably do it as V-Engrave does.

14. CES020

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    Why is it ridiculous, because you've not tried it? It works and it works well, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.

You want to make it 2 operations, fine with me. We'll stick with "one and done".