• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bevelers....Which one????

All Signs Inc.

I have purchased a laser engraver and now I'm looking for a beveling machine. Can anyone recommend one??? Anything in particular I should be looking for???

Thanks,

All Signs Inc.

Well I've heard of both of these bevelers. They say the Scott is OK but and kinda of a entry level machine. The Q1 is about twice as much money but is the real deal. Just what I've heard.

All Signs Inc.

I just purchased a QE1 from Quality. It should be here next week sometime. I figured better get the good one and not worry about it breaking down.

Thanks for the insite.

CES020

Take your laser about 3/8" out of focus and it'll bevel it for you. Need to crank up the power a little, since the spot size is bigger. It won't give you a 45, but it'll give you about the same as if you were using a profile cutter on the rotary engravers.

CES020

It works well on machines that have a programmable Z. You can change the focus level by color, so it's a piece of cake to do. Just engrave in focus in one color, then assign a different Z height to the vector color and you're done.

V-ENGRAVE

Take your laser about 3/8" out of focus and it'll bevel it for you. Need to crank up the power a little, since the spot size is bigger. It won't give you a 45, but it'll give you about the same as if you were using a profile cutter on the rotary engravers.

Going that far out of focus would require high power and slow speed and possibly more than one pass.
What I do is pre-cut plates on rotary with desired cutter angle. For this process I have two cutters, one with 38-40 angle and another 45. Doing it this way speeds up jobs cos while laser is marking one batch I can prepare next set of blanks and apply 3M 467 on them. BTW, cuts are not all the way through so blanks stay joined for easy loading/unloading in laser.

jiarby

Take your laser about 3/8" out of focus and it'll bevel it for you.

that's ridiculous

we vector cut the plates with the laser then feed through the beveler. I do not have a rotary or I would probably do it as V-Engrave does.

CES020

that's ridiculous

we vector cut the plates with the laser then feed through the beveler. I do not have a rotary or I would probably do it as V-Engrave does.

Why is it ridiculous, because you've not tried it? It works and it works well, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.

You want to make it 2 operations, fine with me. We'll stick with "one and done".