• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bi-Directional Printing troubles...

Windcalmer

The Branding Experts
I have been fighting whit this for over a month now. My hi-speed bi-directional printing is off just a bit. See attached close up photos. So I read through my manual and I do a DROP.POS.ADJUST test. See attached pics. I adjust the numbers and the very next DROP.POS.ADJUST test print is still off.

What am I doing wrong here? If you need any additional info, let me now and I will gather and post it.
second test.jpg first test.jpg high_speed_close_up.jpg

EDIT: I should add, this is a JV33-160. I run Flexi 12 but that is not an issue here as I am only calibrating.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The drop position alignment doesn't change after you adjust it. You should see a difference in your prints but not the actual test print. If the alignment in your prints are still off the head could be slanted.

Terry01

Test prints look fine..Are the prints visually showing the misalignment or only under the scope of magnifying lense?? Do a print at 720x720 and then one at 1400x1400 and see if there is a difference in the alignment on edges?

Windcalmer

The Branding Experts
Test prints look fine..Are the prints visually showing the misalignment or only under the scope of magnifying lense?? Do a print at 720x720 and then one at 1400x1400 and see if there is a difference in the alignment on edges?
Will do. I will post results.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can also try printing with a unidirectional profile. If the misalignment still shows up its most likely a physical alignment issues like head slant. If the issue goes away, it's a bidirectional issue.

Windcalmer

The Branding Experts
The print is looking better, however I noticed on the 1400x1400 print that there is a whispy blue streaks coming off the blue line.

Attachments

• 20190102_140408.jpg
    20190102_140408.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 365
  • 20190102_140405.jpg
    20190102_140405.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 386
  • 20190102_140328.jpg
    20190102_140328.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 392
  • 20190102_140258.jpg
    20190102_140258.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 454

Windcalmer

The Branding Experts
You can also try printing with a unidirectional profile. If the misalignment still shows up its most likely a physical alignment issues like head slant. If the issue goes away, it's a bidirectional issue.

I did a unidirectional print and it is fine. That is just too slow for normal printing. :(

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It sounds like your head might be on the older side and just not firing as accurately as it used to. A lot of people would still run with that issue but it's up to you. You can try cleaning the encoder strip to rule that out but as heads get older they tend to misfire like that. The nozzle check can look perfect and you will still get little issues like this. You can also try turning the motor speed down if the profile allows it. It will be slower than usual but faster than uni.

Windcalmer

The Branding Experts
It sounds like your head might be on the older side and just not firing as accurately as it used to. A lot of people would still run with that issue but it's up to you. You can try cleaning the encoder strip to rule that out but as heads get older they tend to misfire like that. The nozzle check can look perfect and you will still get little issues like this. You can also try turning the motor speed down if the profile allows it. It will be slower than usual but faster than uni.

That is what I was afraid of. They can't last forever and this one is over 3 I think.

Thank you everyone for the help.

tbaker

This honestly looks like you have a couple issues.
1) physical alignment of the heads looks out. This will typically present itself with cyan on one side and magenta on the other (not uncommon with shared heads, means it’s twisted in position)
2) it looks like you’re picking up dust or some sort of debris under your carriage, which is dragging through the ink creating a little splatter off to the side.
3) your cyan heads are hammered, while it could just be that particular nozzle test, the ones I saw had several nozzles missing, and a bunch of deflected nozzles. While that wouldn’t normally account for a soft edge, it can create a slight ghosting to the side. ( doesn’t really explain why it’s only on one side)

you can try an extended clean to recover missing nozzles and clean up the deflection. Personally I’d be willing to bet it’s physical positioning in the carriage and it’s slightly out of alignment.