• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bible Imprinting

dah22

I apologize for not really know where to ask this question. I come to this forum for "help" (I need lots sometimes) and generally do not talk to much. LOL We give our children at church personalized Bibles when they start Kindergarten and 6th grade. The company we normally use online no longer is doing this. Who does something like this? We have the Bibles that we use but not sure who to contact? AND if anyone on this forum does so in the Raleigh, NC are let me know! I only do decorative vinyl work and have a small 12" plotter and a 24" Graphtec CE5000 so I am lost when it comes to anything else. Thank you so much!!

artbot

build a jig the size of the bible, get a set of letters, bolt a tire jack upside down to a beam on a wall at the floor in your workshop and use the tire jack as a press.

round man

The process is called foil stamping if i recall correctly ,...or maybe hot foil stamping,...you need to find a local printer with a source for this procedure,...hope this helps ya,...

G-Artist

You need a hot stamp foil press. You can buy anything from a table top hand operated model all the way to high speed air-operated presses.

There can be drawbacks because you need either some Linotype slugs for the names or metal type and know how to manually set type (ugh).

We were lucky in that a guy in our industrial park had 3 Linotype machines when we were doing foil work. Plus a guy across town could supply type-high zinc dies for logos and such.

Another option is to affix the personalization via printing with a Pad Print setup. There, you can be self sufficient and control everything in-house if you buy a complete setup. You can decorate 3-D items such as glassware and golf balls with those units.

If you get into it, it can be somewhat lucrative once folks know you can personalize items and will do short runs.

There are vids on YouTube showing both processes.

For your immediate problem you'd be better off finding a local printing company or a bindery who can do this for you. You'll most likely end up using a bindery company as most can do foil work.